Yellow Bullet Forums banner

ABANDONED DRAG STRIPS......With Photos

648K views 903 replies 464 participants last post by  Chuckles 
#1 ·
I though it would be neat to share with you guys some abandoned drag strips that another person has put together. I am not certain how accurate these are but I think they are cool. I have a few to post and will post them as I get time...

This guy tries to find them and take current photos..

(If you know of anymore let me know)

Here is the first one Motorcity Dragway near Detroit 1957-1978

See less See more
#342 ·
heres is some pics of 75-80 dragway in monrovia md , it closed for them to build a housing development and the it fell through , i heard land wouldnt perk or something . it reopened april 09

you can check out more pictures at 75-80dragway.com

we will be running there tommorow and ill get some pics, these pics are from there web site

#353 ·
old carlsbad raceway. too bad

#354 ·
FOUND 'EM! I mentioned in my post about lost pics and misplaced negs-well,a large bag of negatives were found this past weekend(Thank you,Lord),including U.S. Nationals 1982-5 and Tri-City Dragway in 1974-6. The pics aren't of the abandoned strip,but when it was active. When I get a chance to sort through them,I'll know what I have and then I need to see if they'll still print out and then get 'em posted and then...
I know,sounds lame;wait until you see the pics! I'll try not to keep y'all waiting too long.

#355 ·
FOUND 'EM! I mentioned in my post about lost pics and misplaced negs-well,a large bag of negatives were found this past weekend(Thank you,Lord),including U.S. Nationals 1982-5 and Tri-City Dragway in 1974-6. The pics aren't of the abandoned strip,but when it was active. When I get a chance to sort through them,I'll know what I have and then I need to see if they'll still print out and then get 'em posted and then...
I know,sounds lame;wait until you see the pics! I'll try not to keep y'all waiting too long.
Get a film scanner. A lot of flat bed scanners have negative slots built in em. I want to see them!!! I love old race pics!!

#369 ·
I go past this place everytime I go to the beach, this time I took a few pics.
Seminole Dragway near Tallahassee Fla. last ran in the early 80's I think.
Tower, or what's left of it.
Looking down track from the starting line.
Looking up track from the finish line (1/4)
Guard rail, REALLY safe stuff here.

#379 ·
Good stuff guys, Its funny people always put the owners down, and say they don't know how to run the track, and say all bad shit. But when its gone, I guess we will have pictures too remember the good times. Great post, I remember them days.

thanks guys

unk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.