Yellow Bullet Forums banner

My rant!!!

11K views 167 replies 24 participants last post by  Greg27 
#1 ·
What the phuck is wrong with people? All these phuckin gun haters who blame guns for killing people... Isnt it people who kill people? Do these phuckin nuts believe if there were no guns were would be no phuckin murders? I will bet my life these cock suckers will hate them every phuckin day of their life till they need one really bad to protect themselves or their family!!! Lets say we remove all weapons from earth!!! Does that mean no one will get killed? Why dont these nut cases take a class in history and figure out that man has been killing man for as long as man has existed!! From chocking, to stoning, to drowning, to beating with sticks, knives and the list goes one!! So to you stupid phuckers get a phuckin clue.. Guns even the battle field.. What does that mean? It means your 80 YO grandmother armed with a handgun, shot gun or what the phuck ever she is armed with can take down a 25 YB 6'5" tall guy who is 280#'s with one phuckin shot!!! But without a gun who is gonna win you stupid phuckers? WHO? So go phuck yourself..

Sorry Gunny I know this is your section but I just needed to vent a little..

#4 ·
This is where a requirement to serve in the military would help. Would give people who have no clue about firearms some exposure and maybe turn their thought process around.

#5 ·
Monty,

what rant? I agree 100% with you. I guess we need to get rid of baseball bats and cars next. Sure is a lot of people killed yearly by cars but I don't hear no one saying ban cars unless they are Amish. I don't see a low sale of baseball bats, and killing someone with a baseball is a lot more violent than shooting someone in the chest.

It takes a special(read nutcase) to stand there and beat you to death with baseball bat. Most shooters, shoot then run.

I don't see it as a rant Monty. If it is keep ranting. And this is your board.

#16 ·
I don't see a low sale of baseball bats, and killing someone with a baseball is a lot more violent than shooting someone in the chest.
Sorry if this has been said, but I don't have time to read everything. I agree, however, I'd rather be shot and die quick rather than spend a while being beaten with a bat. Ban bats! They aren't good for anything but baseball, and that sucks.

#6 ·
Monty,

next time they start spouting off, tell them none of the 9-11 hijackers had guns and they killed 3000 people in 45 minutes with a box opener. Oh wait maybe we should ban 767's also.

#11 ·
I do not shoot or buy guns to kill anyone. I do it so if the days comes I need to protect myself I will be at an even or above even position. Buying a gun to protect yourself is no different than buying an alarm system for your home to protect the goods you worked so hard for. Just like an alarm system.. you dont buy one when you know you are going to get robber or after.. You buy it before.. Just like a weapon to protect yourself.. Everyone wishes they would never have to shoot anyone.. But if need be I would!!! And trust me if I wasnt armed with a gun at that time I would use anything to protect myself.. This includes my car, a rock, a stick, a bat, a pipe, a knife or what the phuck ever it would take to stay alive..

#14 ·
That is why the next crack dealer that comes to collect the 20 bucks you owe him is gonna just blow your ass up and make an example of you. He aint gonna take chances that you can have the upper hand.

Same iwth the little old shotting the 280lb guy. He knows it to and aint taking any chances. Instead of asking her for her money, he is going to club her fist to make sure she cant pull a weapon on him.

I asked it on the other thread, and I will ask it here too. Why is the homicide rate in the US over 3 times higher thna in Canada? What is the difference between us?

#12 ·
BTW anyone who believes a cop has to put his life on the line to protect yours is smoking some heavy shit.. A cop DOES NOT have to do that.. If you are caught in a cross fire and you are ready to get shot.. A cop can walk away if he feels his life can or will be taken.. Will cops walk away? probably not.. But like anything else I like taking to "maybe" out of the forumla..

#18 ·
BTW if we ban guns.. Who will this affect? Only the people who get them legally!! The people who get them to kill people usually dont go thru the process!!! But again tree huggin people will say "just get rid of all of them" which is about the stupidest thing someone can say.. but Im sure we will hear it here at YB.com!!

#23 ·
Yep criminals will still have guns. I cant argue that. Criminals in Canada all have guns to, I know that is the truth. Criminals will kill you if that is what their intentions are. Whether you are packing a machine gun or not.

My point is if they dont think they need to kill you to be successful, they probably wont kill you. Since more criminals kill people than are stopped by people, maybe convincing them they dont need to kill you might help reduce your homicide rate.

#19 ·
Monty, again with the twisted answer. Fact is for every 100,000 people in the US, there are over 8 homicides in a year. This has been fairly steady for a long time. At the same time in Canada for every 100,000 people there are just over 2 homicides in a year. That has been the same for a pretty long time two. As is the ratio between us.

That is a pretty huge spread. Comparing us to Mexico is 1.) Not what I asked about, 2.) A skewed question as miltias groups and corrupt police exsit there.

So again, what do you think is the difference between our two countries that makes it three times more likely you will be murdered than me? Not asking for statistics, just your thoughts on why.

#21 ·
Ray,

when you have more people and more economic diversity these things happen.

Chris said it best in another thread some people are fat and lazy. Unfortunately some of those fat and lazy people will rob or kill you for what you have instead of just being fat and lazy.

#24 ·
There ain't no convincing a killer of anything. How many serial killers do we have that have strangled women to death?

Sorry Ray but there is no negotiating with a killer period. If a person is going to kill, they are going to kill, they don't have to have a gun to do it.

#25 ·
Monty, Population density? etc Are you sure you wanted to go there?

Detriot 2,647 people per km2, 42.00 homicides per 100,000 people
Washington 3,543 people per km2, 69.30 homicides per 100,000 people
Victoria BC, 3,966 people per km2, 3.45 homicides per 100,000 people
Toronto, Ont, 3,972 people per km2, 1.80 homicides per 100,000 people
New York, 10,292 people per km2, 16.80 hom,icides per 100,000 people

Canada's worst area is Northwest Territories and Invituk, which rates are really high do to lack of density. Or could it be that everyone up there owns a gun? Hmmm never thought of that.

#26 ·
Ray, a few things you are forgetting here. Criminals usually look for easy targets or the path of least resistance (being a sparky yourself you should understand this).. Lets use a few examples!!!

Criminal wants to rob a bank.. Which of the below does he hit?
a) one with 15 arm guards in front with 100 million in there
b) one with security cameras everywhere and an armed person inside 10 million in there
c) one with no security, no guard and no cameras with 1 million in there?

An unarmed criminal wants to rape a woman. Which does he pick
a) a woman carrying a .45 caliber weapon
b) a woman who has a baseball bat in her hands
c) a woman who has nothing to protect herself

Same question as above with a arm rapist

People who want to kill will kill.. no matter with a gun, knife, bat or by hands.. We cannot change that.. The only thing we can do is choose our method of protection!!! Again remember the criminals pick on the weak.. When you are them weak they are at an even stand point!!!

#29 ·
I am not going to spend 80 hours digging up statristics. The simply truth is there is a huge difference between us, and I want to know what you think is the cause of that. You list population density, that was easy to check, cost living may be a bit harder. I will see though. Any reason why you cant do it though, it is afterall your opinion, not mine.

#31 ·
Well cost of living or a cities expensive ranking (income compared to cost of living) wasnt that hard to find. Well not every city, but here is some I found:

Ottawa 90th most expensive (75.6) and 1.25 homicide rate
Washington 83rd (77) and 69.3 homicide rate
Toronto 47th (82.6) and 1.8 homicide rate
New York 10th (100) and 16.8 homicide rate

#32 ·
A buddy of mine where I used to work had a funny saying. He was a simple man with a great sense of humor. When the topic of guns and laws came up he stayed quiet till then end and then said,
"They are not taking my riffles. I don't need a handgun, I'm not planning on robbing a liquor store."

Just thought some of you guys might find that funny.

Shawn

#35 ·
Well monty go and find a carry place and see how it ranks then. Do you think Detriot up there? It didnt even make the list I had, meaning it may not even be in the top 100 most expensive places, and its homicide rate is 42. So it is just getting worse for you.

#41 ·
So you didnt like comparing cities so you wanted to go to whole States. So your homicide rate is down to 6.086 which is still 3 and 1/2 times greater than Toronto. Still twice as high as it was in the 60's in Michigan.

Did the carry law come in 1994 as that is when the homicide rate started to drop from its peak?

#43 ·
Most murderous countries in the world..
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

Most trigger happy countries in the world..
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir_percap-crime-murders-firearms-per-capita

Most corrupt countries in the world... (please notice Canada work its way up the charts as the US slides)
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/gov_cor-government-corruption

Im really not seeing where there is a connection between honest people being able to carry guns over those who do not allow their people to own them.. As a matter of fact the top countries in them lists are not allowed to carry or even own guns!!!

#46 ·
Most corrupt countries in the world... (please notice Canada work its way up the charts as the US slides)
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/gov_cor-government-corruption
Ok I am at a loss as to how this relates to homicides:
DEFINITION: A CPI Score relates to perceptions of the degree of corruption as seen by business people and country analysts and ranges between 10 (highly clean) and 0 (highly corrupt). Includes police corruption, business corruption, political corruption, etc. Data for 2005.

Canada 14th with 8.4
US 17th with 7.6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.