Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Shafiroff motors

36K views 217 replies 55 participants last post by  Luvtruck 
#1 ·
Looking for any input good or bad on their 434/765hp motors.

#189 ·
Again...
Then why does he tell Greg to cut 5/8" off his Vic. Jr. & extend the runners & it will go 9's???

That is not much help if you ask me. I know he would take your word over Ed's. He was very glad to have met you. James Lee convinced him that the Brodix heads & Vic. Jr. would be as good on it. He didn't have the money to pay for the new engine so I bought his AFR heads & Motown Intake to help him out, he would love to buy them back but has no money now. Chad did him a nice 2970 & he's trying to sell that to free up some money.

#191 ·
you've been replying to your own threads as well talking to yourself in other's threads for the past 2 years!

You are really sick but we enjoy watching your melt down and the fucking you've been getting which won't be over untill all your 401k money is gone too!

Has anyone converted a '69 Camaro with a new throttle cable & carb mounting bracket?

If so what length throttle cable do I need?

#193 ·
greg, once again, WE will have the last laugh when your junk don't run better than a 9.50 after listening to your latest group of experts and you're bankrupt!

#196 ·
here you go greg...

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

#198 ·
he too runs a glide, slows his ride to run 10.0s all season long and is more interested in turning on win lights then trying to rotate the earth. Multi time track champion, Division 1 ROC and past $10K footbrake race winner.

#199 ·
he too runs a glide, slows his ride to run 10.0s all season long and is more interested in turning on win lights then trying to rotate the earth. Multi time track champion, Division 1 ROC and past $10K footbrake race winner.
so those aren't true times, not a matter of turning the earth it's efficiency. so those numbers didn't add up.

#200 ·
if it's printed on a time slip, it's "true times":roll:

#203 ·
As to ladder bars, Nate's car had ladder bars on it a few years ago when he joined the team. They were installed properly but not tuned properly. I talked Nate into adjusting them to the upper hole and setting the pinion angle. IMO the problem many people have with ladder bars is the coil overs. I made sure the LR lower spring seat was adjusted 1/4" to 3/8" higher than the right rear lower spring seat, so during the launch the compressed spring pressure was more even, and we did see low sixty foot times

#217 ·
I have a Really Good Friend we race with alot and he has the exact motor your talking about.....ordered it from them as a complete Dyno Tuned un-crate and drop in deal that he bought 2 well now 3 seasons ago (one of thier sportsman deals during their winter sale) and he had it shipped to his place and then loaded it and the car up and brought it out here to our Ranch/Farm so we could put it in and so forth during the early spring to keep out of the weather and stay warm during the whole deal since we heat our shop to keep our Tractors warm 24 hrs a day.

And as Crate engines go this little Stump Puller is the REAL DEAL ! I was 110% more than happy with how it worked and the owner is as happy as anyone could ever be with his purchase.

He has run it a total of at least 15 races (minimum of lets say average of 6 Passes per race) for the last 3 seasons now and had not had 1 single issue with it period bar none......because of me picking on him about following a very strict maintenence routine and keeping a constant eye on some key things (mostly his Valve Train components) we were able to avoid a couple of weak valve springs causing a problem but even then when he called them believe it or not they sent him "FREE REPLACEMENTS" so both he and I are very pleased with them and this Little Power House 434 ......

I am a Dyed in the wool BBC Guy but even I have to admit this Engine is well designed and built.....it has to be to be able to withstand the abuse my Buddy has given it!
Now he has won more races since we put it in his Chevy II than he really has the talent to win simply because the Engine at least is VERY consistent and will repeat it's performance time after time and is also very predictable so for what he does (Bracket race in the Super Pro Class) he and I both agree that he could not have spent his money for an Engine any better.

I will also add that If I were the kind of guy who could stand to have an engine under my right foot that I didn't build myself ......I would have no problem buying one if on a budget that kept me in that price range.

Of course after having looked into what some others have done as well first with the 434 like what Madcap Engines does with that platform.....alot more money but ....WOW is the only word that can describe what they do with one... and there are others also I would look into and ask around about before making a final decision though......because like in so many things..... not just Drag Racing "Information is Power" and the more Info you can gather the better off you will be at the end of the day.

Randy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.