Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Friday Night Heads Up Series Amsoil Pro Street Bike/Sled - PST

9K views 73 replies 20 participants last post by  PXM SWIZ 
#1 ·
Can someone explain to me why you can run sleds, which are not even competitive against the current PST bikes. But yet, ANY of the old school bikes are not allowed to compete? I mean come on, PST bikes are running in the low 7's, high 6 second range at over 200mph. What are they afraid of?
I heard of one time where a racer showed up with an Outlaw style no bar bike, and they told him he could not enter. Whats up with that! :confused:

#2 ·
I personally cannot stand the fuckin snowmobiles! The noise they make in the pits make my skin crawl. VERY irritating....VERY!

Then ofcourse there is the guy that takes up half the blacktop with his pit area. 5-6 pitcart tool boxes, 2-3 hi-lo's, a Stacker, another trailer for extra bullshit.......4-5 vehicles......etc :rolleyes:

I should note that I own snowmobiles.....

#5 ·
Then ofcourse there is the guy that takes up half the blacktop with his pit area. 5-6 pitcart tool boxes, 2-3 hi-lo's, a Stacker, another trailer for extra bullshit.......4-5 vehicles......etc :rolleyes:
I always laugh when I see that guy. I think he takes his program a little too seriously.

#7 ·
That sled has gone .30s on a better track and a couple ran in the 180s at Martin last year ,I've heard of some new cats capable of making over 700 hp this year so it should be interesting. I've been a car guy all my life and been working on race cars since the early 80,s but racin sleds on asphalt is a blast and I know vie pissed off more than one car owner when I put em on the trailer! Rick ,maybe you should buy Milan and only have all motor there then you would be happyL lol

#19 · (Edited)
Now don't get your panties in a wad, I was just playn, That was my first full year with blown alcohol and we had lots of problems also.... who doesn't isn't that the challenge! I haven't even come close to using all of the potential of my combo and we went 7.02 at 170 on a 1000' aborted run, now with the new 18-71 and a little more knowledge I hope to be able to run with the best of them. Good luck on your combo, what do you drive /own? and btw my head was swollen long before I won at milan :rolleyes:

#21 · (Edited)
crickets crickets........ do you not own or drive this Outlaw car you speak of? I attempted to respond in good humor and it would seem only negativity will provoke a response out of you. Let me guess its a car you will help crew for and don't own, just talk about and its a big secret too right? How is that better :smt064

#23 ·
crickets crickets........ do you not own or drive this Outlaw car you speak of? I attempted to respond in good humor and it would seem only negativity will provoke a response out of you. Let me guess its a car you will help crew for and don't own, just talk about and its a big secret too right? How is that better :smt064
Your rite, its a car I dont own but will be working on and driving ocasionaly ,no big secret hopfully we will be racing 10.5 later in the year, weve been around this long enough to know you cant jump in and imidiatly make waves. Its the slacker vette!

#48 · (Edited)
im not a sled guy either...but he helps keep the gates open at Milan...just like guys bitchin about bracket racing and OC and no ets ...Friday nights heads up is not keepin the gates open...please Elkabong come back to milan and spend your hard earned money ..we need all racers to support the track ...

#49 ·
Screw them guys, come park next to me and I will save you 6 spots. That way your around people who can appreaciate the effort to do what your doing.

#60 ·
Milan told us, Ronnie don't run the class. If you want to bring it and it meets the chassis rules, bring it. Dunigans, Budgell, they all welcomed it. Even Ronnie said put a street tire on it and bring it out. This was last summer before all the MIROCK changes. Louie's bike is too far out there to ever make the new chassis rules. Call Milan's race director and ask him about running what you got. If the chassis would pass, I'll bet you he lets you run. The bike count is way down and you don't have a prayer anyway. They'll take your gate money.

#68 ·
Bike General Rules: Reserved for 1987 and newer production date Motorcycles. This includes both the engine and frame. Frame must be OEM, frame modifications permitted as long as factory appearance is retained (I.E. cutting of seat rails, short necking...) Engine and frame swap permitted as long as same manufacture. (Suzuki/ Suzuki or Kawasaki/Kawasaki) No GS or KZ motors allowed. Bodywork must be OEM style specific to brand, not necessarily the model. Must have minimum one functional front brake caliper and rotor and the same for the rear brakes. Must have functional headlight and taillight. OEM preferred but not required. Aftermarket lightweight front-ends, swingarms and wheels permitted. Chain guard is required. NO wheelie bars! 3 inch ground clearance minimum. Tether required.

Rules state No GS or KZ motors seems clear to me

#71 ·
And I really dont know how I got thrown into this
besides someone putting my name in there that really does not know what he is talking about. I was asked to help tune the bike and I think I did what was asked thats it. Then I went about my business and ran my own stuff
Hope he gets the bike out again
now that they have a starting point

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.