Yellow Bullet Forums banner

SGMP UPDATE Sticky

58K views 292 replies 146 participants last post by  GrahamHill 
#1 ·
We need an update sticky where all times are posted. Searching thru all these threads with useless info b!!!! about tires and who is scared of who. One place with times please.:-KFCD

#251 ·
Updates on rain ???

#263 ·
With the exception of Mustang racers themselves , most of the casual fans I've talked to , or even some of the sentiment expressed on these webs sites indicates that if the "rule makers" don't do something to create more disparity / variety the concept of "radial / little tire" racing , will stagnate or even "devolve" into something along the lines of the NMRA?
I really have a hard time believing that there aren't at least a handful of other bodies that are competitive. Someone needs to do their homework and or become more outspoken.......but the herd has led the way..........

#265 ·
I know what you mean. My first car was a 69 Camaro. I bought it in 1979 for $300. I eventually had 7 early Camaros, all but the first one in the early 80's and I don't think I paid more than $1000 for ANY of them, and two of them were small block 69 RS/SS cars. Wish I still had those!

#269 ·
I like the Mustangs, Camaro's, Nova's... I wish I was in a better place financially, I would like to put on a race in Fayetteville NC or Darlington SC (closest nice 1/4 tracks to me)..

Basically 1 rule: Must be on a 275 tire and your safety equipment has to be up to par with the time you run. If you want 3-4-5 guns, 2 101mm turbos, twin procharger's with a 500 hit on top GO FOR IT! Just to see how quick and fast someone can go on those tires. What ever chassis you wish, no restriction on suspension, electronics like traction control... ANYTHING GO's!

#274 ·
I mean its not like they are gonna turn cars away from getting in the race because they have mustang. I personally think this race is awesome I am a mustang guy but I really like the leaf spring class for its variety. You can't tell people what car to build either so if they want to build a mustang they will no one will change there mind on what car to build because u bitch about it. It's as simple as if u don't wanna see mustang racing then you better not watch the sport of drag racing cause they are here in force so get over yourself and stfu.

#278 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.