Yellow Bullet Forums banner

C-16 cost.

4K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  NXpress 
#1 ·
What is C-16 going for now? drum or 5 gal ?

#10 ·
Thats what Im thinking. It was set up by the previous owner to run on C16 when spraying, but Im looking to change that too. Everytime I search E85 in this section it tells me theres no results.
Im trying to figure out if it'll work for me, my concern is my compression is only 10 to 1..

#15 ·
Are you sure youre getting C-16?

Its 15 a gallon pumped into a jug locally, and $85 for a 5 gallon pail. Yes I feel like were getting screwed. Was told to switch over to Maximal which is $11 a gallon. Hate to give up on VP but darn those prices!

#16 ·
Unless you guys are running a blower or turbo the C-16 is not the desired gas for naturally aspirated. The C-16 is designed for high intake heat.

Blessings.........Ron

#23 · (Edited)
Yes we have had this conversation before Ron , several times . And the facts still haven't changed . Renegade offers the same or better performance at a much better price . If you're looking for a Renegade comparison , take look at the Renegade PRO 120+ .

You are right about some racers using race fuel grades they don't really need and can't utilize effectively .

#24 ·
Mike, I'm rooting for you guys and will be one of the first ones to switch if it would be true.

But you know there is more to a race gas than octane. The Pro 120+ is moving in the right direction but the RVP number is still double that of the C-16. And you guys don't show the Distillation numbers which is critical for high end blower/turbo engine to survive.

Formula Octane…..120.3
Motor Octane………120.3
Research Octane…120.3
Specific Gravity…… .708
RVP…………………… 3.5
Leaded
Color: Rose

The C-16 has a RVP of 1.85 and VP shows the Distillation numbers on there website. Renegade does not. So show me the numbers so I can complete the comparison.

But you guys are gaining ground and I'm rooting for you. Nothing like competition to get a company down to lean and mean.

I'm sure your gas will meet or exceed the needs of many racers.

Blessings.......Ron

#25 ·
Thanks for cheering us on Ron , it's appreciated . You're right , there are many other factors in race gas than octane rating . None of them more important of course .
A low RVP value by itself really doesn't tell you very much about a race gas in a certain application . Race gasolines are engineered with hundreds of compounds and chemicals , all designed to make the maximum power and torque while keeping the engine alive . If the secret to making the most power in a particular application was having the lowest RVP value , every race gas company would simply lower the RVP on their fuel and presto , instant winner . But as we've discussed before , there are many more factors at play than just a low RVP .
VP makes a good product , always have . I happen to think Renegade makes an equal or better product at a lot better price . So do the many , many racers who have switched to our fuels .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.