Yellow Bullet Forums banner

c-16 or c-23

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  sixty feet 
#1 ·
we currently run c-16 in our NMRA DR car , will the c-23 make more power , and/or allow for more timing? (supercharged and a/w intercooled , intake temps never above around 80-90) will it pass fuel check?

#4 ·
Sorry I'm on the road and haven't had my computer on. It depends on your boost level and timing you want to run. I can tell you D. Hance just went 223mph on C16. the 16 is pretty hard to beat. I really don't think you will see a benefit with the C23.
???? ummm..boost level?-Xi-trim at full tilt .... timing? ummm... thats what I'm asking(?) can I expect to be able to run more timing?...more timing=more power....so...what benefits does the 23 have over the 16??? ,and will it pass NMRA/NMCA fuel check?

#7 ·
I have tuned both, and doubt you'll find any power with the C-23. The only time C-23 might help is if you're running really low air temps (40-60 degrees) and are having trouble getting the C-16 to evaporate or if you're running an unusually high compression ratio (much over 10.0:1) and aren't able to put in optimal timing without detonation.

-Chris

#10 ·
10:1 compression , and unless it was a really hot day , we had inlet air temps around 50 to 60 last year. We were running a pt1800 last year but we're installing a pt3000 as we speak....should we give the 23 a try? any chance of adverse effects going from 16 to 23?

#8 ·
Ummmmm dropped a valve. I don't belive that you will see any hp gain with the C23 over the C16 in your application. The C16 was designed to live in a tough environment, and actually, I have never personally tested any C23 in a turbo application. I know that the Garrett 10.5 car didn't see anything with the C23 and they had pretty high compression. The C16 was better for them. Most of the turbo radial guys are either on C16 or Q16 if there are no fuel rules. Maybe Joe from Hyperactive will chime in. I believe they ran C23 in Kevin Marsh's car.

#9 ·
Jason, it is HyperaKtive, get it right!!!

The key to the deal is air temps. We did in fact run C23 with excellent results. Never had the thing on the dyno but they lived much longer with the C23.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.