Yellow Bullet Forums banner

66/67 Chevelles, 5" and 6" Cowl Hoods...Any Pics?

23K views 95 replies 28 participants last post by  lun40119 
#1 ·
Just curious what they look like, and where I can find them that aren't a custom job.....thanks.

#2 ·
Taken from the VFN website...

Thats the 6", and I assume they make it for the 67 too without being a custom job. I had their 4" on my 66, and the quality and fit were great.

#3 ·
Taken from the VFN website...

Thats the 6", and I assume they make it for the 67 too without being a custom job. I had their 4" on my 66, and the quality and fit were great.
I called them, it is a custom......800+bucks.

#15 ·
I know....it aint a chevelle. Plus its only 4 inches.

BUT I got it from WS racing fiberglass in ohio and they were the one and only place around that makes a hood for this car and the price was only 460.

If they make something for my car, they will definitely have options for the chevelle.

Even if they have to make a "custom" deal to be at 5 or 6 inches, it might not be too pricey thru them.

#16 ·
I know....it aint a chevelle. Plus its only 4 inches.

BUT I got it from WS racing fiberglass in ohio and they were the one and only place around that makes a hood for this car and the price was only 460.

If they make something for my car, they will definitely have options for the chevelle.

Even if they have to make a "custom" deal to be at 5 or 6 inches, it might not be too pricey thru them.
No answer.....left a message. :) Thanks.

#18 ·
Ok, guys, I have already decided on Glasstek or VFN, cause they are close. Cheap shipping. I need to see some pics of 5 and 6 inch stuff.

Got this on my phone from a buddy. I forgot he had a 6" hood.....

#26 ·
I have always thought the 66'-67' Chevelles were some of the BADDEST Rides out there for a Build! The 6" looks KILLER! I had a Harwood 6" on my S/G Camaro & loved it! :cool:

#33 ·
Thought I would bump this up......

Talked to VFN on Friday and ordered a hood. They are doing a mold for a 6" hood on a 67 chevelle. Should be ready in 4-5 wks. FOR THE NORMAL PRICE!!!

It made my friggin day. Now I can run my nice tall air cleaner.....:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.