Yellow Bullet Forums banner

F*cking Shingles

3K views 33 replies 30 participants last post by  TG7060 
#1 ·
I woke up yesterday feeling a bunch of heat on my chest, check it out and its red and swollen, no pain at that time. Went the rest of the day not to concerned, Wife came home and talked me into seeing the Dr., mine stays late so ... off we went.

Ends up its Shingles and the first symptoms might've started last weekend when I ( and the Dr. ) thought came down with the crud ( flu, allergy's etc. ), seems thats one of the symptoms. I started on the meds last night.

Bad part of this is that I am scheduled for a Total Knee Replacement in 2 weeks and all the info I have found online says that it will likely take 3-5 weeks for this Shingle deal to run its course.

The affected area is on my right chest and ( after 1 1/2 days ) is about the size of my palm. No pain at all & its just started getting itchy a couple of hours ago.

Of course if it doesnt heal up quickly ...its going to put off the Knee surgery which friggen sucks .....

Anyone out there have ithis shit clear up in 2 weeks or less ?

tia

See less See more
#29 ·
I had it twice, first was at age seven shortly after being cured of Hodgkins (cancer). Still have bad scars on my right shoulder from that one, im 44 now........Second was about 2 years back, lightly covered my whole body and i was hospitalized when it became Staff infected on my forehead.

Blew me away the second time because i thought it was like chicken poks, you dont get it twice. Dont take it lightly.
Was told that stress, sudden stress to the body, or even a sun burn can bring it on.

#32 ·
It seems like this disease is making a come back for some reason. I had heard of shingles, but that is all. Nobody really talking about it, until recently. What is causing this to suddenly become more common?

I think just about everyone had chicken pox as a kid, so I guess everyone is vulnerable. I'm gonna get the shot.

If you never had chicken pox, does that mean no shingles?

#33 ·
I'm going to take this as a good sign .... this morning the size of the affected area has shrunk to maybe 1/2 of what it was last night and it hasnt itched at all today. Maybe I caught and started treating it just in time ? I can only hope so !!!!!

But I've read so much about shingles the past 2 days that I am ready for anything to happen.

All signs of the virus can disappear and there can still be intense pain lasting a year or more.

It seems like this disease is making a come back for some reason. I had heard of shingles, but that is all. Nobody really talking about it, until recently. What is causing this to suddenly become more common?

I think just about everyone had chicken pox as a kid, so I guess everyone is vulnerable. I'm gonna get the shot.

If you never had chicken pox, does that mean no shingles?
From what I have read, you'll get chicken pox. Shingles are not contagous ( as shingles ) If you havent ever had Chicken Pox, You can catch them from me ( or anyone else w/ shingles ) right now, and then the virus will lay dormant until it gets triggered.

Getting Shingles on your Face ( Forehead & Nose specifically ) can be very dangerous, if it travels to your eye it can cause blindness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.