Yellow Bullet Forums banner

67 nova stock front end ... how fast can you take them ?

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  DoubleRRacin 
#1 ·
i have a 67 nova with just the basic drag shocks and springs up front. still has shock towers and through the oil pan steering. its a back half car with 33x15 slicks. small block with spray.
it used to be very unnerving anything over 100 mph. we have lowered the car twice and its way better. ive ran a best of 9.36 @ 136 mph. the car was gear limited with 5.57. i am planning on adding a second stage and less gear. how fast has anyone taken the stock front end ? i would only do this once in a great while for grudge racing. the car only has a 6 point bar in it and no chute . im not scared to die, i just dont wanna wreck the car. !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDcOmB5NyZo

#2 ·
our red wagon was in the high 7's low 8's way back when with the stock frt end,

just read whole post, why you you even want to be that unsafe,[no cage/chute] and what track lets you run like that, that's crazy grudge car or not.

#4 ·
ye s it was we just sold it, and are building a fairmont wagon now..........:cool:

#11 · (Edited)
just a thought , do you have any video of the front end in the air at launch ? does the streering wheel " shimmy " or feel like its floating while going down the track ? if it was me i would look or give chuck church a call at www.churchboysracing.com they make a mini sub frame kit for your car he had a 67 nova similiar to yours i would email him your specs of your car and see what he recomends , oh this kit is for stock front ends on all the first and second gen novas like yours , what it does is change the lower arm to an a arm suspension , there is also www.classicperform.com they have a kit that is similiar to church boys racing

www.churchboysracing.com

www.classicperform.com

try these two websites

#13 ·
when i had my stock front clip the car went 9.57 with a sbc pump gas mtr on a 200 shot..

but it was 100% stock front clip ..no after market parts..the bump steer was bad and it felt like i was driving a 62 caddy down the track..lol

#15 ·
but it was 100% stock front clip ..no after market parts..the bump steer was bad and it felt like i was driving a 62 caddy down the track..lol
Thats exactly what Jimmy says about his car in the photo!! says he can't tell you what he cross's the stripe rpm wise as he's got a handful keepin the car pointed straight!!:p:p

#16 ·
if your looking to upgrade your front suspension definatly look into the churchboys stuff you won't go wrong its an awsome set up and the rack cross member will let you use any oil pan tell him little Jimmy sent you.
www.churchboysracing.com

#17 · (Edited)
I have a brand new SmithRaceCraft bolt on front end with Strange race struts and rack for a 62-67 nova for sale. I was gonna post it on the F/S forum today but I came across this post. Let me know if your interested It's in my way and I want it out of here!

http://www.smithracecraft.com/62_67_nova/62_67_nova.html

Doug

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.