Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Spinner bait

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  cepx111 
#1 ·
Whats your favorite color spinner bait ? Mine is chartreuse and white with gold blades . Caught a 6 pounder last weekend . Last summer I caught 2 around 10 pounds . I love fishing spinner baits . I seem to catch bigger fish on these .

#3 ·
I use them a lot. If I want dark colours, black or purple. Light/bright colours I use white or sharp chartreuse. My favourite overall would probably be this though:

I think that it's called green perch. I use a black twin tail grub as a trailer on it as well.

#4 ·
I always use Colorado blades or Indiana's, and braid line. You can feel the blade pulsing, and you know it's working. Willow blades don't have enough feel, if you get a bit of weed stuck on the blade, you don't know till you get it in.

If you can feel the blade working, sometimes you can feel when a fish short strikes and misses. It can make the difference between getting a fish with a repeat cast or moving on and casting somewhere else.

#9 ·
For day & lm bass i like a 3/8 oz double willow blades in a med size ( 4 ) with a white & clear/silver flake skirt in clear water. Dingy, cloudy water i go with chart & white. Dirty muddy water i go with a black & chart. For night time smallmouth i go with a big 3/4 oz with a gold #6 or larger Colorado blade. Black & red skirt & a black & orange pork chunk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.