Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Any Muskie guys here?

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  547beast 
#1 ·
Been trying like mad to catch one this year after I let the biggest one of my life get away last Aug. Anyone else fish for them and have luck this year?

#2 ·
My biggest was 54in 48lbs,,,

#4 ·
Use to when I lived in Illinois, would head to Wisconsin and catch pike and muskee, such a blast, never caught any huge ones, but 12lbs was a blast as a 12yr old kid. Papaw had this red and white popper/plug. Looked like a giant pill half red half white, with a small plow on the front, always always caught fish with that thing

#8 ·
A friend I fished with in Pineview Reservoir in Utah. It's a tiger musky. For some reason Harvey can catch the shit out of them but I always got skunked!! The picture is from 2007 or 8 if I remember right and cannot remember exactly the size. I believe it weighed around 38 pounds? That is going off of memory but I can be completely wrong. Nonetheless it's the biggest musky I've ever seen caught in person. Beautiful fish!!

#9 ·
I've caught my share of Muskies on hook/ line, always smaller in the 30-36" range, never any monsters. The only 48- 50" class Muskie I ever caught was illegally through the ice on a tip-up while walleye fishing, back in the water it went. Luckly I had a 10" hole drilled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.