Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Quaker City Motorsports Park

33K views 373 replies 59 participants last post by  SuperComp 
#1 ·
Anyone know if they gound the track smooth and taken all the bumps out of it.:smt102 Have they had any test runs on this year?

#306 ·
Yep, it has a belly in the middle. If you drop the starting line a couple feet, and the finish line a couple feet the track would be pretty close to flat and level. Then have a nice hill to help slow'em down. If you can find some really old shots of the track it did not have such a big belly in it years ago.

If those morons on Gold Diggers can get through the perma-frost, or dig 100' to the bottom of a pit full of boulders, I'm sure a local excavation crew can move what ever is currently stacked up to build the front end of the track up.

#321 ·
Not a rumor!!! I talked to Norm last year and he told me that he showed up to start firing up the facility and there was no electric. He had the power company come in that morning and sink a pole and hang his power on it. One week later they came into no water. The same well ran the house and the track. He had to have a well put in behind the tower.

#312 ·
The old bastard will die and then the property will be reunited. He's still pissed he turned down $750K outright and ended up with $460K at the auction. Just an sour old man that has made some screwed up business decisions and can't accept the blame.

#317 ·
what Dan did also to the property was cut off the water to the burnout box cause it came from his house on the property. previouse owner Dans family comes from money and im sure he was mostly pissed he didnt get the best deal like anyone would be. dont get me wrong im not sticking up for the asshole he did kick me out for locking up the front tires numerous times. most of the problems with the old managment came from that bitch that was there with him cause at first he was pretty cool them became a real asshole after she came along.

#322 ·
what Dan did also to the property was cut off the water to the burnout box cause it came from his house on the property. previouse owner Dans family comes from money and im sure he was mostly pissed he didnt get the best deal like anyone would be. dont get me wrong im not sticking up for the asshole he did kick me out for locking up the front tires numerous times. most of the problems with the old managment came from that bitch that was there with him cause at first he was pretty cool them became a real asshole after she came along.
treed.

#327 ·
No kiddin'! My parents farm is 5 min from 42; take one step off the drive way and your ankle deep in mud. Let's hope it's a dry spring so we can all race around here!

#324 ·
Still was the funnest job I ever had...

Rob was quite the hamburger chef back in the day.

#325 ·
I think his name was rob??

#328 ·
I agree. I hope this spring and summer are better than last year.

#334 ·
Jim Kinney and Dave Ray are managing it. If the hook is anything less than spectacular I'll be very surprised. They are purchasing tractor with sweeper and dragger attachments. So for once the entire track will be maintained. I think good things are in store for Magnolia.
Keep your eyes open for some big payout races and Outlaw races. Maybe not immediately but they will get them there.

#340 ·
Jim Kinney is a great guy. And a long time racer he'll have plenty of help based on his personality alone, I hang out with Dave & Don during the season whenever I get the chance.....good to see them guys step in,,,,I never though the Mags was ever a bad place,could use some improvement but was always a decent little place....

#337 ·
Yes, they made the transaction.

When the track was reopened all the Magnolia residents protested and complained that all the drag strip would do is bring alcohol and drugs into their cozy little sin free town. The 4 block square town town that had 3 or 4 bars and a whore house at the time. So Dixie and Bruce made it a no alcohol allowed deal.

Problem with the alcohol was that people were drinking AND racing. That is why the no alcohol policy was enforced. I watched a guy get out of his car and be handed a fresh beer after 1st TT last year. The entire bunch was already half toast. Those people should be sent off the property in my opinion. Having a beer or two AFTER racing is one thing. Anything before the driver is eliminated from the race is not right.

#338 ·
Yes, they made the transaction.

When the track was reopened all the Magnolia residents protested and complained that all the drag strip would do is bring alcohol and drugs into their cozy little sin free town. The 4 block square town town that had 3 or 4 bars and a whore house at the time. So Dixie and Bruce made it a no alcohol allowed deal.

Problem with the alcohol was that people were drinking AND racing. That is why the no alcohol policy was enforced. I watched a guy get out of his car and be handed a fresh beer after 1st TT last year. The entire bunch was already half toast. Those people should be sent off the property in my opinion. Having a beer or two AFTER racing is one thing. Anything before the driver is eliminated from the race is not right.
my friends are going to run it o'boy should be good!!:-GMAB:-Rock:Sheep

#341 ·
Magnolia fights the issue that the land is on lease. Not too much they can do to change it. From talking these guys it sounds like some improvement with timing system and the potential of new scoreboards. Payout is up on the website along with contact info for Jim Kinney. Any questions, concerns or comments should be directed to JK. He is always willing to listen. Not only has he done it well on the track but has experience with running tracks and promoting races. Only problem may be parking all these cars that will start to come back to Mags.

As for Quaker, can't wait to see the new track and improvements. My understanding from those that attended the banquet is drainage being handled, track being replaced, some lighting added and continuing to work on other improvements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.