Yellow Bullet Forums banner

check out my sons Duster build progress

20K views 127 replies 58 participants last post by  cepx111 
#1 ·
#31 ·
Looks great ..

I agree with above, no one around here will even touch old cars

It took my almost 2 years to get my car to someone that would do it then it still took another year till it was done

He was slow when I brought it in and then a hail storm hit and my car got shoved into the corner .

body shop prison

Good luck with it , have fun !!

#40 ·
holy shit, thats an AWESOME job!!

#42 ·
once we get the brakelines done, then we can get the motor in, driveline all finished, then interior and assemble sand polish the exterior.....sounds like a little, but its a lot of work,,,,,,,,little by little we get there . We were trying to get the car done for Aug, but falling a little short, At least now my son has changed his focus to "lets do a good job" rather than rushing to get it done. Im sure it will be well tested and ready for the 2011 race season

#44 ·
Tony, let your son do this thing the right way and put EFI in it. I'll even help you guys tune it. You still have a spare kidney to sell, right?

Glad to see your son doing something other than an import (unless the import has a cool-ass engine like a SBC in it!)

#45 · (Edited)
this should make it easier but will take awhile!!! i will go through it all right here
the start

doors stripped-first thing. the doors were from a 73 dart from canada. they were spares and cleaner than the originals

initial body work started

epoxy primed first

body was next .....
this quarter looked to be replaced when the car was somewhat new. they did a good job but alot of unneeded bondo was taken off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.