Yellow Bullet Forums banner

8.90 index @ thompson raceway 2010

30K views 589 replies 58 participants last post by  carguy68 
#1 ·
is anyone interested- this will be shakedown rules - limited rules and regulations

this will be held at ASPHALT WARS on sat

#455 ·
VERSION 2.0 (99 PERCENT)

8.90 OUTLAW STREET GAMBLERS (name suggestion)

BODY/INTERIOR

1. Full-bodied factory street type cars (domestic and import)
2. Working Headlights and Taillights mandatory, this means headlights NOT foglamps
3. NO DRAGSTERS, ROADSTERS, ALTERDS OR CENTER STEER CARS
4. Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/carpeted
interior even if rear seat is removed (The interior should look clean and
professionally done)
5. Must have interior door panels
6. Racecar lettering on windows only (minor exceptions may apply)
7. Back half or stock REAR suspension permitted
8. Windows, Lexan permitted (Roll down windows optional)
9. Must have stock style front suspension
10. No full round or square tube chassis cars
11. Any rear tire size permitted

ELECTRONICS

12. Bracket Racing Aids: No throttle stops, No Electric shifters or Optical
sensors.

13. No delay boxes or other driver aided electronics.
The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic,
that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in
relation to the starting line is prohibited.
14. Progressive Nitrous controller system permitted
15. No electric or air shifters.

SAFETY

All cars must meet all current IHRA/NHRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Drivers are required to wear the required safety equipment
for the ET's that are being run.

RULES COMMITTEE

All cars will be reviewed by a RULES COMMITTEE to ensure
they meet the spirit of the class. Fairness is all we are promoting.

THERE WILL BE NO 'GUTTED' RACECARS PERMITTED TO RACE, IF THE
CAR DOESN'T FIT THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES IT WILL NOT RACE.

Please submit your questions to us.

FORMAT

1/4 MILE RACE
8.90 INDEX
.400 PRO TREE (COURTESY STAGING IN EFFECT)
16 CAR QUALIFIED FIELD
CARS QUALIFIED 8.8999 OR QUICKER ARE SITUATED AFTER THE SLOWEST
QUALIFIED CAR IN THE FINAL QUALIFYING ORDER.
PROFESSIONAL RUN ORDER (1 VS. 16, 2 VS. 15, ETC.)
DOUBLE BREAKOUT CLOSEST TO 8.90 WINS

IF 19 OR MORE CARS ENTERED THERE WILL BE A GAMBLER STYLE
RACE AMOUNGST CARS QUALIFIED NO. 17 AND LOWER (WE WANT EVERYONE TO
RACE)

IF ONLY 18 CARS ARE ENTERED, QUALIFIED CARS NO. 17 AND 18
WILL BE ABLE TO RACE IN THE TRACKS REGULAR BRACKET PROGRAM

PAYOUTS/ENTRY

ENTRY - TBD (TAKING SUGGESTIONS) We are thinking $25 (car/driver/1 crew) to the track and $50 to the purse.

80 PERCENT TO WINNER
20 PERCENT TO RUNNER-UP

---END OF RULES---

Lets move forward and get a race under our belts and if something is terribly wrong we should work together in getting it remedied prior to the next one. The rules were opened to capture as many of the cars that were displaced by the disbanment of Norwalk gold/silver racing format. This same basic racing format is highly successful on the east coast, they have very large fields of competitive cars and not full of field fillers of slow uncompetitve cars.

#456 ·
The rules look good!! The only problem I see is if the response keeps growing it may need changed to an all run or a 32 car field, very good problem to have though!! Don't do what Norwalk does an start eliminating cars that some don't like, some don't come back, just add another class or open this one up. Great job so far guys, lets hope it plays out well.

#459 ·
The rules look good!! The only problem I see is if the response keeps growing it may need changed to an all run or a 32 car field, very good problem to have though!! Don't do what Norwalk does an start eliminating cars that some don't like, some don't come back, just add another class or open this one up. Great job so far guys, lets hope it plays out well.

That would be a good thing, too many cars and you have to split into two classes. Then you can put the mountain motor big block Gerry Penn's in a class all on there own and have a small cube class and the two winners from each 8.90 index class race off at the end of the night for an extra bonus (provided/sponsored by Gerry ofcourse) ahhh this is all coming together! Gerry you better race this class you big pussy! Fuck, all the shit you talk and your chickening out. Hell you got the biggest got damn tires on this fuckin board and maybe the largest engine in the class why the hell wouldn't you race this? Afraid my 281 is gonna put you on the trailer after I drive that fucker to the track from Youngstown and embarrass you? Or worse yet, the STING with his amc??!!!! oh shit I done did it now, gloves are coming off:)

#465 ·
Then you can put the mountain motor big block Gerry Penn's in a class all on there own and have a small cube class and the two winners from each 8.90 index class race off at the end of the night for an extra bonus (provided/sponsored by Gerry ofcourse) ahhh this is all coming together! Gerry you better race this class you big pussy! Fuck, all the shit you talk and your chickening out. Hell you got the biggest got damn tires on this fuckin board and maybe the largest engine in the class why the hell wouldn't you race this? Afraid my 281 is gonna put you on the trailer after I drive that fucker to the track from Youngstown and embarrass you? Or worse yet, the STING with his amc??!!!! oh shit I done did it now, gloves are coming off:smile:

THATS SOME FUNNY SHIT RIGHT THERE BIG D - NOW WHY DO I GET PUNISHED BECAUSE IVE GOT A BIG ONE :) I DONT GET TO HEAR THAT TO OFTEN :-damnit

#470 ·
Hows his car gonna spank yours, he said he ain't coming to race bracket cars. I'm not a big Mustang fan but I really like the way yours is done can't wait to see it at the track. Hey Denny what RV's they allowing to run S/A I'll have to see if my buddys fits the rules maybe you guys can set up alittle grudge race lol

#477 ·
Oh, I can insure you we don't know one another even though we talk once at norwalk when you had 10 people around your car scratching their heads trying to figure out why it was so slow.:)

But after I add 300lbs to my car and short shift it and pedal the big end. I will be glad to introduce myself AFTER you try to catch my 393 CI's of a$$ kicking mod motor engine.

I almost forgot to wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope your boyfriend got you some new go fast parts for that pig. Oh sorry "fly ride" :)

You explained to me in one of your earlier post what yellow bullet was for, and how to talk to dickheads like you. how am I doing so far?

#478 ·
WOW I GOT SOME SUPPORT - FordRules: NOW BIG D WHEN YOU CAN RUN THE NUMBER CALL- IF NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP -IM DOING IT WITH NO COMPRESSION OR A CAM OR TURBO-NOS - BLOWER :-damnit SUCKS TO BE YOU WANNA BE :-D
Yea you finally got some support.....from your jock strap friend. You SHOULD be running the number, you got a mountain motor in a go cart, running race gas in your so called low compression engine. I haven't attempted to build a race car yet, but when I do, I WILL CALL YOU!

#491 ·
Really? you reading the same posts I am? He hasn't said one fact yet? Pretty sure he is still in grade school, maybe one of Jerry's kids? Speaking of facts, AMC's are 0 for life against me Rob just thought I would refresh your memory.:-Daw

#487 ·
Yes we will, I hope the Thompson deal gets up and running. Should be a lot of fun if there's enough cars that can run the number. That's when it will get real interesting. I understand what Batters trying to do but the SA class at norwalk needs to get more cars running the number there! Not saying I have the answer on how to do that, if anyone would know it would be him. I hope allowing the notched frame cars in will help.
i cant wait to race some 10-11 sec cars :) ill just shift @5000 instead of 7600

#496 ·
maybe not $ 80,000 but close push rod FordRules:
what you talking about Gerry,,,,,,,570ish motor could only run 8.90's maybe with a strong tailwind 8.80's....?????:-Daw:-Daw:-Daw

Now a 600 inch motor....:-Daw:-Daw:-Daw:-Daw:-Daw:-Daw:p

Better hope that thing runs what you say/think it does if not i'd be imbarressed to tell anyone the motor is/was that big...FordSux:FordSux:FordSux:

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

#499 ·
hat you talking about Gerry,,,,,,,570ish motor could only run 8.90's maybe with a strong tailwind 8.80's....?????:-Daw:-Daw:-Daw

Now a 600 inch motor....:-Daw:-Daw:-Daw:-Daw:-Daw:-Daw:razz:

Better hope that thing runs what you say/think it does if not i'd be imbarressed to tell anyone the motor is/was that big...FordSux:
weither it goes 8.50 or 9.50 you will never beat me :) biatch :-damnit that hurt

#500 ·
you just better hope in goes south of the 8.50 mark,,gonna be a sad day when a little sbc out runs you..:-D:-D:-D:-D:-Daw

Oh and you haven't beat me yet..FordSux:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.