Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Thompson 8.90 index class is a GO!

36K views 624 replies 62 participants last post by  Tom Cowle's wife 
#1 ·
We recently met with Jim Curtis of Thompson Raceway Park to discuss adding an '8.90 heads-up index class' to run at the track and the
meeting went extremely well to say the least. We will be having a 'test session' in early May and if we have a good showing Jim Curtis
will be adding the 8.90 class to run on all of Thompson Raceway's ASPHALT WARS dates!!! (final dates to be announced) Below are the rules
that we presented Jim Curtis for this class.

8.90 OUTLAW STREET GAMBLERS (name suggestion) RULES

BODY/INTERIOR

1. Full-bodied factory street type cars (domestic and import)
2. Working Headlights and Taillights mandatory, this means headlights NOT foglamps
3. NO DRAGSTERS, ROADSTERS, ALTERDS OR CENTER STEER CARS
4. Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/carpetedinterior even if rear seat is removed (The interior should look clean
andprofessionally done)
5. Must have interior door panels
6. Racecar lettering on windows only (minor exceptions may apply)
7. Back half or stock REAR suspension permitted
8. Windows, Lexan permitted (Roll down windows optional)
9. Must have stock style front suspension
10. No full round or square tube chassis cars
11. Any size drive tires permitted

ELECTRONICS

12. Bracket Racing Aids: No throttle stops, No Electric shifters or Optical sensors.
13. No delay boxes or other driver aided electronics.
The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic, that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in
relation to the starting line is prohibited.
14. Progressive Nitrous controller system permitted
15. No electric or air shifters.

SAFETY

All cars must meet all current IHRA/NHRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Drivers are required to wear the required safety equipment for the ET's that are being run.

RULES COMMITTEE

All cars will be reviewed by a RULES COMMITTEE to ensure they meet the spirit of the class. Fairness is all we are promoting.

THERE WILL BE NO 'GUTTED' RACECARS PERMITTED TO RACE, IF THE CAR DOESN'T FIT THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES IT WILL NOT RACE WITH THE 8.90
INDEX CARS.

FORMAT

1/4 MILE RACE
8.90 INDEX
.400 PRO TREE (COURTESY STAGING IN EFFECT)
16 CAR QUALIFIED FIELD
CARS QUALIFIED 8.8999 OR QUICKER ARE SITUATED AFTER THE SLOWEST
QUALIFIED CAR IN THE FINAL QUALIFYING ORDER.
PROFESSIONAL RUN ORDER (1 VS. 16, 2 VS. 15, ETC.)
DOUBLE BREAKOUT CLOSEST TO 8.90 WINS

IF 20 OR MORE CARS ENTERED THERE WILL BE A GAMBLER STYLE RACE AMOUNGST CARS QUALIFIED NO. 17 AND LOWER (WE WANT EVERYONE TO
RACE)

IF ONLY 19 CARS ARE ENTERED, QUALIFIED CARS NO. 17, 18 AND 19 WILL BE ABLE TO RACE IN THE TRACKS REGULAR BRACKET PROGRAM

PAYOUTS/ENTRY

ENTRY FEE $50.00 at the gate

PAYOUT IS 100 PERCENT !!

80 PERCENT TO WINNER
20 PERCENT TO RUNNER-UP

THESE ARE THE FINAL RULES.

please send all inquiries to; Paul Suloff VIPERAKRON@AOL.COM or Tom Cowle RAMBLERBME@YAHOO.COM.

DO NOT CONTACT THE TRACK ABOUT THE RULES.

See less See more
#350 ·
I dont know who the fuck your calling a pussy, i was stating a fact Trp has a great hooking track,and if my car was gonna be a radial tire car, i would make it work, this class is being set up so we can go out race, possibly win money and have fun, instead we have a handful of winning skirts.

#354 ·
I think between now and when the racing starts is when we'll see the most trash talking, cabin fever is hitting us all I'M SURE. Maybe we can get some 'grudge races' set up between some of the talkers, I'm sure we can have the track accomodate some of that action for us.

#358 ·
We recently met with Jim Curtis of Thompson Raceway Park to discuss adding an '8.90 heads-up index class' to run at the track and the
meeting went extremely well to say the least. We will be having a 'test session' in early May and if we have a good showing Jim Curtis
will be adding the 8.90 class to run on all of Thompson Raceway's ASPHALT WARS dates!!! (final dates to be announced) Below are the rules

BODY/INTERIOR

2. Working Headlights and Taillights mandatory, this means headlights NOT foglamps
4. Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/carpetedinterior even if rear seat is removed (The interior should look clean
andprofessionally done)

ELECTRONICS

12. Bracket Racing Aids: No throttle stops, No Electric shifters or Optical sensors.
The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic, that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in

SAFETY

Drivers are required to wear the required safety equipment for the ET's that are being run.

RULES COMMITTEE

All cars will be reviewed by a RULES COMMITTEE to ensure they meet the spirit of the class. Fairness is all we are promoting.

THERE WILL BE NO 'GUTTED' RACECARS PERMITTED TO RACE, IF THE CAR DOESN'T FIT THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES IT WILL NOT RACE WITH THE 8.90
INDEX CARS.

FORMAT

1/4 MILE RACE
8.90 INDEX
16 CAR QUALIFIED FIELD

IF 20 OR MORE CARS ENTERED THERE WILL BE A GAMBLER STYLE RACE AMOUNGST CARS QUALIFIED NO. 17 AND LOWER (WE WANT EVERYONE TO
RACE)

IF ONLY 19 CARS ARE ENTERED, QUALIFIED CARS NO. 17, 18 AND 19 WILL BE ABLE TO RACE IN THE TRACKS REGULAR BRACKET PROGRAM

PAYOUTS/ENTRY

PAYOUT IS 100 PERCENT !!

80 PERCENT TO WINNER
20 PERCENT TO RUNNER-UP

please send all inquiries to; Paul Suloff VIPERAKRON@AOL.COM or Tom Cowle RAMBLERBME@YAHOO.COM.

So these are the rules we have to use. My interior is not professionally done ,i did it so there is 1 strike. Have stock frame rails to just past the fire wall 2 strike.have a 29 inch tire 3 strike. I am glad you open up the rules for everyone!

#361 ·
So these are the rules we have to use. My interior is not professionally done ,i did it so there is 1 strike. Have stock frame rails to just past the fire wall 2 strike.have a 29 inch tire 3 strike. I am glad you open up the rules for everyone!
Nobody said you have to have a professional do it. it just needs to look professionall. and why is the 29" tire a strike? so you are saying you dont have any stock floors in the car from the firewall back?

#362 ·
nothing other than stock firewall and stock floors to the back seat! if you guys open it up anymore than you can count me out! this if it fits the theme attitude is bullshit! i will buy a set of scales and weigh every car myself and make it a 3,000 lb limit! not crying but come on! we are on the verge of fuck it if it has four wheels bring it! im done whining and ready for some abuse!

#366 ·
I hope you bunch of basket-weaving girls are working on your cars as much as you bitch about this/these class's....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't give a flying shit what tire anybody has under there car ,,i'll be on 28x10.5's..;) hell put a 33x14x15 on/under your car's..FordSux:FordSux:FordSux:

#367 ·

BODY/INTERIOR

andprofessionally done)

ELECTRONICS

SAFETY

RULES COMMITTEE

INDEX CARS.

FORMAT

1/4 MILE RACE
8.90 INDEX
16 CAR QUALIFIED FIELD

RACE)

PAYOUTS/ENTRY

PAYOUT IS 100 PERCENT !!

80 PERCENT TO WINNER
20 PERCENT TO RUNNER-UP

eregin, H tip Again, here are the rules . i interpret that you have to have a professional put your interior in. The 29 inch tires are at a disadvantage when the track goes away. As for the rest of the car, well i might as well bail it an start over to fit your class!

#374 ·
Guys, were not going to start knit-picking everybodies cars all winter are we? The rules are in-place, the track is in-place, a lot of racers are in-place and we have some sponsorship ready. Lets keep spreading the GOOD word and promote this the best we can.

If there are legality question please email us and we'll get you answers fast.

#383 ·
Hey you can please everyone! The class has brought out alot of nice looking cars that say they'll race. And before talk of this class ya had nothing at TRP but bracket. Even if your car doesn't fit or runs fast enough, maybe this class will spawn other classes. Gotta love the guys that will bitch till theres nothing. Very open rules, It will be giving a lot of cars a chance to run a nice class. There is always the same races you raced at before talk of this class.

IF THE CARS FIT COME GET IT!

#384 ·
Hey you can please everyone! The class has brought out alot of nice looking cars that say they'll race. And before talk of this class ya had nothing at TRP but bracket. Even if your car doesn't fit or runs fast enough, maybe this class will spawn other classes. Gotta love the guys that will bitch till theres nothing. Very open rules, It will be giving a lot of cars a chance to run a nice class. There is always the same races you raced at before talk of this class.

IF THE CARS FIT COME GET IT!
go fuck yourself al!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.