Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Thompson 8.90 index class is a GO!

36K views 624 replies 62 participants last post by  Tom Cowle's wife 
#1 ·
We recently met with Jim Curtis of Thompson Raceway Park to discuss adding an '8.90 heads-up index class' to run at the track and the
meeting went extremely well to say the least. We will be having a 'test session' in early May and if we have a good showing Jim Curtis
will be adding the 8.90 class to run on all of Thompson Raceway's ASPHALT WARS dates!!! (final dates to be announced) Below are the rules
that we presented Jim Curtis for this class.

8.90 OUTLAW STREET GAMBLERS (name suggestion) RULES

BODY/INTERIOR

1. Full-bodied factory street type cars (domestic and import)
2. Working Headlights and Taillights mandatory, this means headlights NOT foglamps
3. NO DRAGSTERS, ROADSTERS, ALTERDS OR CENTER STEER CARS
4. Must be street appearing/no gutted interiors/carpetedinterior even if rear seat is removed (The interior should look clean
andprofessionally done)
5. Must have interior door panels
6. Racecar lettering on windows only (minor exceptions may apply)
7. Back half or stock REAR suspension permitted
8. Windows, Lexan permitted (Roll down windows optional)
9. Must have stock style front suspension
10. No full round or square tube chassis cars
11. Any size drive tires permitted

ELECTRONICS

12. Bracket Racing Aids: No throttle stops, No Electric shifters or Optical sensors.
13. No delay boxes or other driver aided electronics.
The application or use of any device, mechanical or electronic, that permit the driver to ascertain the position of their vehicle in
relation to the starting line is prohibited.
14. Progressive Nitrous controller system permitted
15. No electric or air shifters.

SAFETY

All cars must meet all current IHRA/NHRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Drivers are required to wear the required safety equipment for the ET's that are being run.

RULES COMMITTEE

All cars will be reviewed by a RULES COMMITTEE to ensure they meet the spirit of the class. Fairness is all we are promoting.

THERE WILL BE NO 'GUTTED' RACECARS PERMITTED TO RACE, IF THE CAR DOESN'T FIT THE SPIRIT OF THE RULES IT WILL NOT RACE WITH THE 8.90
INDEX CARS.

FORMAT

1/4 MILE RACE
8.90 INDEX
.400 PRO TREE (COURTESY STAGING IN EFFECT)
16 CAR QUALIFIED FIELD
CARS QUALIFIED 8.8999 OR QUICKER ARE SITUATED AFTER THE SLOWEST
QUALIFIED CAR IN THE FINAL QUALIFYING ORDER.
PROFESSIONAL RUN ORDER (1 VS. 16, 2 VS. 15, ETC.)
DOUBLE BREAKOUT CLOSEST TO 8.90 WINS

IF 20 OR MORE CARS ENTERED THERE WILL BE A GAMBLER STYLE RACE AMOUNGST CARS QUALIFIED NO. 17 AND LOWER (WE WANT EVERYONE TO
RACE)

IF ONLY 19 CARS ARE ENTERED, QUALIFIED CARS NO. 17, 18 AND 19 WILL BE ABLE TO RACE IN THE TRACKS REGULAR BRACKET PROGRAM

PAYOUTS/ENTRY

ENTRY FEE $50.00 at the gate

PAYOUT IS 100 PERCENT !!

80 PERCENT TO WINNER
20 PERCENT TO RUNNER-UP

THESE ARE THE FINAL RULES.

please send all inquiries to; Paul Suloff VIPERAKRON@AOL.COM or Tom Cowle RAMBLERBME@YAHOO.COM.

DO NOT CONTACT THE TRACK ABOUT THE RULES.

See less See more
#227 ·
hey al i really like the gold and silver gig! im sure there are plenty of 10.20 to 9.60 cars wanting to race this race but they think they are to slow! bring them all to the race in may and lets see what happens!im up for 9.90s or 8.90s i hope that everyone thats commited to show will! with enough cars theres nothing wrong with gold and silver! as long as there is 16 cars in the 8.90 class!

#229 ·
Hell, I ain't pushing for nothing more than this class. This was a pain and were lucky to have it. IMO
Really glad to have a pro tree class. I think this is turning out a lot bigger than anyone thought.
Were do I get the tee shirts?
My old lady said she would take pictures ( she a photographer, Does weddings and senior pic's)
Shameless plug if anyone looking for one.

#232 ·
Hell, I ain't pushing for nothing more than this class. This was a pain and were lucky to have it. IMO
Really glad to have a pro tree class. I think this is turning out a lot bigger than anyone thought.
Were do I get the tee shirts?
My old lady said she would take pictures ( she a photographer, Does weddings and senior pic's)
Shameless plug if anyone looking for one.
pretty lame plug al!

#241 ·
MAY TESTING RACE - updated 1/21/10

1. blaze (1965 Malibu, Nitrous)- YES
2. blumaro (1969 Nova, Muscle)- YES
3. calvin (1979 Camaro, Muscle)- YES
4. viperakron (1967 Camaro, Muscle)- YES
5. nastynova (1970 Nova, Nitrous)- YES
6. jay power (1979 Camaro, Muscle)- YES
7. turbo vert (1991 Mustang, Turbo)
8. denn468 (1969 Camaro, Nitrous)- YES
9. mr z (1985 Camaro, Nitrous)- YES
10. mugger (1984 ElCamino, Nitrous)- YES
11. renegade (1992 Mustang, Blower)- YES
12. bigcharlie (1969 Camaro, Muscle)- YES
13. 1sikgt (1990 Mustang, Blower)
14. carguy68 (1968 Camaro, Nitrous)
15. jeff clark (1969 Chevelle, Nitrous)
16. ray tumbry (1969 Nova, Muscle)
17. fast82z (1982 Camaro, Turbo)
18. Danj (1992 Camaro, Muscle)
19. nx69camaro (1969 Camaro, Nitrous)- YES
20. Prosport (1969 Dart, Nitrous)- YES
21. Scootin69 (1969 Javelin, Nitrous)
22. Orange67 (1967 Chevy II, Muscle)- YES
23. smackjack (1985 Ford F150, Nitrous)- YES
24. hotrodhup (1984 Regal, Turbo)
25. huffracing (1980 Camaro, Blower)
26. storeyracing (1969 AMX, Nitrous)
27. koolrayz (2002 Transam, Turbo)- YES
28. 3bars197 (1999 Mustang, Turbo)
29. u lev 1st (2004 Mustang, Turbo)- YES
30. 572charger (1969 Charger, Nitrous)- YES
31. mrtbolt64 (1992 Mustang, Blower) - YES
32. Eric Tuuri (1966, Charger, Muscle)
33. Butch Peterson, (1970 Chevelle, Nitrous)
34. Marvin Harrison (1986 Camaro, Muscle)
35. dynoSteve (2007 Ford xr8 Ute, Nitrous)
36. Dave Peskar (1964 Malibu, Muscle)- YES
37. fast406malibu (1980 Malibu, Nitrous)
38. gerry penn (1989 Mustang, Muscle)
39. Ingebrown (2003 Mustang, Turbo)- YES
40. ucantwin (1967 Camaro, Nitrous)

Plus we have fielded e-mails and calls from 15 other potential racers interested in racing with you!

Guys, by your strong showing of support, we have had people/businesses offer sponsorship money and other prizes without us asking for anything. They want to see it work out, its up to the racers to stay with it and race with us. This is a great group of cars and personalities on this list, its going a good time for everybody I think.

We actually have a sponsor lined up for our May TEST SESSION already, the details are still being worked out and we'll annouce it in here.

(I'm trying to compile a database of all the racers and potential racers cars plus the power adder they have. Check out the list and let me know of any corrections or additions to it.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.