Yellow Bullet Forums banner

China made Tech 2 scanners...

9K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  dangerzoneracing 
#1 ·
Has anyone bought one of these v/s the Bosch units or actual GM Tech 2? If so do it do what a normal unit does?

#2 ·
There's China copy VCM's (the Ford programming/scanning tool), they seem to work I have been told, but I'd be leery of programming modules with em, especially some of the more fragile ones like TCM's and PCM's.

I know Ford doesn't support them, and the software is starting to be able to figure out they're fakes.

#7 ·
Why would you want a pitated scan tool of dubious quality? If it fails,and it will,usually within a year,you are shit out of luck. Nobody that repairs them will touch a counterfeit unit. People that buy them that are unaware that they are counterfeit have sent them in for warranty repairs and are told that they have been siezed and they will not be getting them back. What if you use it to re-flash an ECM and it fries the ECM on the customer's car? Plan on adding the cost of the pirated Tech 2 to the cost of a legit Tech 2 and ask yourself,"If I can't afford the real thing,where am I going to get the money to buy two?"

As much as people bash the Chinese for their lack of respect for intellectual property,why would anybody want a knock-off scanner made of inferior materials and stolen/copied software.

You might as well steal the money and buy a legit Tech 2. The crime is the same,but at least you'll have a scan tool that works.

#14 ·
Ok, so anybody that has actually owned a knock off unit. I really dont care what your opinions are towards the knock offs unless you have used them. As far as price, $1000 v/s $6-7k for an OEM unit is enough for me to try it. I know the risks involved.

#28 ·
Ok, so anybody that has actually owned a knock off unit. I really dont care what your opinions are towards the knock offs unless you have used them. As far as price, $1000 v/s $6-7k for an OEM unit is enough for me to try it. I know the risks involved.
I've heard of people using those Chinese Tech II's and it fried the ECM and TCM....... Not only do you have to replace them, but then you have to buy a real one too! You can get them used on eBay for about $2500, and I think $3500 new.

Just picked up a used unit with a good serial number, so no china stuff.
Good call.......

#20 ·
Why not just order one of these?

http://www.carmd.com/

"it is a miracle".......LMAO, you know how many people have to be ordering these things thinking they will truly know the repair cost when they show up at the shop...........
haha, yea I love that scam, they had a guy that saved 1000's of dollars on a 96 maxima, only had to buy a knock sensor, well the knock sensor is under the intake, and usually that is not whats wrong, they will set that code on misfire, probably half the injectors are bad, LMAO what a scam, probably making millions

#21 ·
my snapon guy ending up with one in a deal, and was telling me about it, lacks control of bi-directional features, tis support, and basically all the features that the tech2 has over a basic parts store scanner. so basically its a pile. And as far as i know repairs would be almost impossible, as if i remember correctly every one of the china ones lack a serial number, as required by bosch for repair....

good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.