Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Hansen Still Happy Despite SGMP Disappointment

791 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jimmy Biggs 
#1 ·
Stolen from www.ADRL.us

Hansen Still Happy Despite SGMP Disappointment

AMERICUS, GA (Apr. 26, 2010)—Despite early-morning thunderstorms and a poor weather forecast, the American Drag Racing League (ADRL) Hardee’s Georgia Drags VI went off as planned Saturday at South Georgia Motorsports Park before standing-room-only crowds.
However, the inclement weather negated a scheduled fourth and final qualifying session that morning for all five ADRL professional classes, leaving Star Racing with rookie rider Anne Hansen 21st of the 36 Pro Extreme Motorcycle teams entered and outside the 16-bike raceday field.
“On our first qualifying run on Friday, we did not run the best we could, and we had to wait until the mid-afternoon run to get in the show,” team owner George Bryce said.
In the hot mid-afternoon, second session Hansen qualified the Lowe Toyota Team 12th with a decent run of 168.18 mph in 4.35 seconds, but was bumped from the field when she was unable to participate in Friday night’s third qualifying round.
“We had an electrical gremlin stop us from improving on the Friday night run,” said 25-year crew chief Ken Johnson. “We stayed up ‘til 2 a.m. to find and fix the problem. We did find the switch that caused the misfire and repaired it.”
The team did not get to showcase the its restored power and Anne’s racing skill, however, when the fourth qualifying session was rained out and the ADRL made the decision to go straight into eliminations at the first break from rain.

The positive news is Star Racing’s bright red 18-wheeler was parked on the ADRL midway to showcase the Lowe Toyota’s team colors, logos, the beautiful new black Tundra, and the candy apple red Pro Extreme Motorcycle that was emblazoned with familiar “Lowe Toyota” logos.
“We were parked and pitted in a prime location to show our new sponsor, our brand-new Toyota Tundra, and our crowd-stopping display,” an excited Hansen said. “In addition to many people taking pictures of the Pro Extreme Motorcycle with the Lowe Toyota logo, we also had them taking pictures of the Tundra. I was so excited to be able to share with my peers and fans the Lowe Toyota connection; I even had the opportunity to have some taped TV interviews.
“This race was a great way to meet and speak with many Toyota owners and introduce Toyota to consumers who hadn’t previously thought of Toyota as an option when it comes time for them to purchase their next vehicle,” Hansen continued. “Thank you, Lowe Toyota of Warner Robins, Georgia, for supporting my dream to be able to race and run at such a huge event!”
(ADRL/Richards photo)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.