Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Stock Block Ford 351W Turbo Build!!!

59K views 60 replies 33 participants last post by  chevystang383 
#1 ·
This is our street/strip car, stock 351W block and crank. See specs at bottom or email me if you want more details. This car was built for fun and testing of pieces and parts for our customers. Car is basically a stock chassis with stock front and rear suspension, full interior, and an 8.50 NHRA legal cage.

Best ET 9.25 at 153.88mph (5.99 at 120 1/8th)

Thanks to Bret Kepner for 1st photo..

Combo:

1987 Mustang GT
351W - Stock Block built by Chuck Samuel ('72 Vintage)
Victor Jr Heads (mildly ported)
Victor 5.8 Intake (lower mildly ported to match heads)
Custom cam to by Hyperformance Motorsports (hydraulic roller)
Custom built stainless turbo kit by Hyperformance Motorsports, 1-3/4" headers, 2-1/2" crossover
Precision PT88 Turbocharger
JGS Wastegate (60mm)
JGS BOV
Custom Aluminum Cold Side tubing by Hyperformance Motorsports
Powerglide Trans
Custom TCI Converter built to our specs
3" Steel Driveshaft
FAST System tuned by Hyperformance Motorsports

For more info on the buildup, send me a PM for specifics.

This has been a fun car, the limit of the stock block and crank is unknown, but we'll find out!

See less See more
#8 ·
Good to see you finally cleaned the little car up. You feel lucky and want to grudge race me?? That is going to be a fun car Dan.

#20 ·
Dan,
If you would pm some more info on this as I am
starting a stock block 357/AFR205/T88 build myself.
I would not of thought 8.90s to 9.20s were possible with
this combo.I was thinking I would of been happy with .50s
to .70s.Now I know better.

#21 ·
Best ET 9.25 at 153.88mph (5.99 at 120 1/8th)

That thing is making some horsepower at the top end! It must be a little lazy on the 60ft. Its an 8 second car with ease if I had to guess. Nice work Wheelie!

I run a 69 351w but with a novi 2k and hyd roller. Been 9.22 at 147 weighing 3250. If I could get the 60ft down more I think I could pull an 8 sec pass. I have had over 100 passes and easy 1500 or so of street miles on mine during the last 3 years. This winter I am going to take a peek at the bearings. I think the key is the 69 to 74 blocks and a good tune! Mine is done at 6200 though I do shift at 6400

#23 ·
Very impressive build Dan. Shows everyone that a lot can be done with a little less. I certainly would not mind building something along those lines. The PT88 is a T-4 flange , correct? Again, thank you for sharing your hot rod with everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.