Yellow Bullet Forums banner

S-10 coil over spring rate

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  406shark 
#1 ·
What would be your guess all aluminum ls with a glide drag setup? 350lb or 400? Strange double adjustable coil overs. Truck should be very light.

Thanks for your advice

Matt

#3 ·
What would be your guess all aluminum ls with a glide drag setup? 350lb or 400? Strange double adjustable coil overs. Truck should be very light.

Thanks for your advice

Matt
Matt,

What year is the S-10? The square body ones are typically lighter than the '94+ models.

I run a '84 square body that is pretty stripped down. You really need to get a nose weight on it. Mine came in at 1680 pounds when first built. I run the QA1 coil-over conversion setup on mine. I went with the 250# front spring setup... the weight of the springs work perfect for me. Another guy that runs a very similar setup as far as weight runs the same setup as I do.

Most of the guys running the 350# springs in really light trucks are not happy with how high their truck sits... even with 2" drop spindles.

The LS engine package is pretty light from my understanding... so a lot is gonna depend on your total package.

Here is a shot of mine from last year... I have Hoosier 26" front runners, 2" drop spindles, and the 250# QA1 coil-over setup...

This winter the truck is being gone over and getting a round tube CM back-half with 4 link setup. The front is staying the same.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.