Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Same parts, different Results...

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Proshot 
#1 ·
I have the Racecraft Stiletto K-member and rack, Racecraft 2" drop spindles, Racecraft 1" narrow a-arms, and Strange brakes on the front of my car, 86 Mustang coupe. I run the Champion 15x3.5 2.25 BS front wheels and the wheel is still out by the fender lip. We have another car with the same problem with all of the same parts except Mickey Thompson wheels. One car has stock steel fenders and one has Schoneck fiberglass fenders. I have confirmed the measurements on the a-arms to make sure that they are the 1" narrowed units. I also run the bolt/weld in camber/caster plates from Racecraft. Trying to figure out a way for the wheel to sit up under the fender like so many other cars have with the same parts. Is something somehow different with the 86 Mustang? Both cars are 86 models.

See less See more
#2 ·
i have talked to matt at racecraft and they have no clue why it is this way. they say they have a bunch of car with the same stuff and they dont look like this.

#4 ·
I started dealing with this over a year ago back when Mark was at Racecraft and he couldnt explain it either, after verifying that all of the parts were correct.

#5 ·
my chassis guy went over all the parts and measurements with racecraft and all the parts checked out i even sent matt all the pics of it. i hope something can be done to move the tire in.

#6 ·
25-5, what brakes do you run?

#11 ·

Racecraft 1 inch narrowed a arms, Racecraft 2" dropped spindles, UPR kmember and caster camber plates, aerospace 4 piston floater front brakes, M/T wheels have 2.25 bs, Weld wheels have 1.75 bs. I had to run the heims out way more than Racecraft recommended to get the alignment right, so I can actually get the wheels in another 1/2 to 3/4 inch more than in those pictures.

#13 ·
I know that my car is a 88, but I am running all of the same parts Racecraft parts, strange brakes, Racecraft 2" spindles and 1" shorter A-arms with 2.25bs Alumastars. My wheels sit in a lil bit

#14 ·
Look at the fenders. I think the fenders actually were different from 87-93 than the 86-older models. I use to have an 86 and bought all the front suspension from a friends 89 and it didn't fit in my fenders, and I found out that earlier fenders are a different width at the wheel well. Take a front shot (profile) of the fenders and compare, I bet one of your 86's has been changed to later model fenders.

#17 ·
I too have heard of the fenders not only having a different contour but also having a different depth on the older fox chassis

#15 ·
We have two different cars. One has stock 86 steel fenders and one has Schoneck fiberglass fenders. The wheel sits the same on both cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.