Yellow Bullet Forums banner

menscer shocks vs big gun afcos

17K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  Blown06 
#1 ·
can anyone tell me the difference between the two? is the valving inside them that different? how much price difference is there between the two? i really would like to step up to these afcos but i dont want to waste mark's time on the phone if they are out of my price range. thanks! mike

#2 ·
I't's not my place to give price but if you are looking for a custom valved shock call Mark. If you only need an OTB shock, still call Mark LOL.

#7 ·
Ozone, Give me a call and we can talk shocks. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

#8 ·
Mark is the man when it comes to shocks

#12 ·
Hey Mark, I have a pair of D/A Afco Big Gun coilovers on the rear of my Mustang and a pair of D/A Chris Alston Chassisworks coilover struts on the front. I know that you can tune-up my big guns for me, but can you work with my D/A Chassisworks front struts? Fwiw they're the Chassisworks front struts that used to be on Kevin Fiscus's car

#18 ·
I can't say enough about Mark, He is the best that i have talked to when it comes to Shocks and making your car work. I got a set of his rear shocks for my car and it started working much more consistently immediately. But where he really helps you is when you are at the track running. I have never met him in person, but i have called him after runs and even sent him a quick video of the car and he gives you the correct change on the fly. The last time out I was having issues with the car hooking and them blowing the tires off after .4 of a sec. Gave him a call, the next pass was the quickest i have ever been including my quickest 330 time. I kid you not, I would call no one else!

#21 · (Edited)
Its a pretty easy determination to make that Mencer's valving is better than the stock big gun valving, especially when used for specific racing applications. If it wasn't then Mark would have zero credibilty and he wouldn't be one of the most sought after shock suppliers and shock tuners in the small tire and radial world.

#20 ·
They are valved specifically for YOUR car. Not a generic valving for 90% of the population. Look at the information on Mark's website that he requires to do a set of shocks for a customer. I personally run mine in the stock angled location, and that made a difference in how they were setup. The best thing to do would be to give them a call because I don't think that you will find specific specs listed publically anywhere

#25 ·
Funny when I read the replies, its Menscer Motorsports hands down.

From personal experience, like others, I cannot thank Mark enough, he goes the extra mile to make your combo hook, period. He got my car to calm down, eliminate crazy wheel stands, and prevented me from having to have wheelie bars installed.

He takes the time to get the valving right, he is someone who cares and is passionate about shocks, and knows what you need to fly right.

You will never get that kind of customer service from Afco, they have great products, but the service is king at Menscer......Thanks Mark.........Tim

#26 ·
I have nothing but good things to say about Mr. Menscer. He has gone the extra mile for me when I had some issues buying front shocks for my combo.

I had previously been running out of the box big guns on the rear. I went ahead and had him revalve those as well. My point being, is that if your on a big gun budget, give them a try. If your combination ends up needing a custom valved shock, you can send him those and have them done when it is cost effective for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.