Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1967 chevy II streeter build

7K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  BLK2DOOR 
#1 ·
with all of the cool ass cars being built and posted on here , i really had some reservations about doing the same.
but i love the build threads , so i guess i will post some as well
the car is at one location and tube bending and TIG welding is done at another , so alot of this has to be fabbed in car then i have to remove it and drive across town to finish, then drive back and fit ...kind of a lot of work , but i don't have a garage , bender or tig welder ...fortunately i have fantastic friends that do and help me with this task:supz:
i have a 6.0l ls based engine and th400 , plans are just to have a fairly fast car on pump gas and drive the hell out of it :p

See less See more
#5 ·
Do it like the 70 nova in Hot Rod few years back,it was bad ass looked like a grandma car.I believe they call it old blue hair and it's not the one that was done on TV

#8 ·
Never mind... Lol your going a whole other direction...

Subscribed.... Good luck with the build looking good...

#14 ·
i saw your build over there ...love how its turning out...you are going for 25.5 cert ?
i only want an 8.50 cert .. its a streeter and i'm not climbing over xbars and trying to see around funny car cages ..lol,, i considered finishing the floor bars for 25.3 or 25.5 , in case i want to upgrade later . really only needs an x and diagonals , after i install the trans crossmember.

#16 ·
if you are reinstalling stock floor pans and trans/driveshaft tunnel or non-removable steel panels tied/welded to the new tube frame sections, then you don't need the X or diagonals. I'm building a 62 HT the same way, all stock original paint exterior, AJE strut front, inboarded leafs on sliders and assassanin bars. 25.3 cage w/o forward F/C, back seat, bench seat a/c 6262 twins on stock 6.0 short block. If you don't have a SFI 25.3 book get one, read it front to back 3 times, call a couple of chassis shop buddies and ask questions. There is alot of tricky wording in the specs. But a 25.3 chassis minus the forward F/c makes a great street cage other than the x-door bars. PM me if you want pics and phone number. My wing windows and sun visors are still completely functional.

#17 ·
well after getting nothing done to the car all summer , time to come back to it .....turbobu , i was looking at your build ....awesome job .....how do you like the AJE clip..i am getting ready to order one for my car . i would love to get the smith clip , but budget won't allow it . i have been reading a lot of neggative stuff on AJE , but i think it is stuff i can fix or work around

#18 ·
You must be an HVAC guy, I haven't gotten anything done on mine since 2nd week if may.

As far as communications and customer service go Aje is pretty good. Their TIG welding is slightly above average, their mig welds look like a poddle took a shit between to tubes! I'm happy with the fit and engineering , I paid $140 too much for wilwood brakes from them because I thought they were a custom combination, just 3rd gen Camaro stuff out of the box.

#19 ·
hahaha....fire sprinkler fitter here, been busy and beat up all summer ......is yours mild steel ? do they use 3rd gen spindles also ? i have never seen one in person ....was also looking at the Holley intake , wondering if it fits inder a flat hood

#21 ·
4130, fabricated 3rd gen Camaro spindles, ordered mild steel sub and sent it back because of welds. Holley intake fit with trimming of under structure but doing a custom sheet metal top with dual dbw tb's which would have fit w/o trimming.

#25 ·
Nice looking build on a neat car that I have always wished that I could have owned. The 66 and 67 post cars are my favorite novas. Good luck going forward and post your progress.

#27 ·
what are you doing to my car ? i was going to put a small block in it for my daughter to drive to school , she said it was ugly lol , if its not a honda they dont like them . im guessing mike is building the other one . good luck with it , cant wait to see it on the street :smt023

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.