Yellow Bullet Forums banner

The last leg of the Northwest Drag Tour, Night cruise or early morning?

Northwest Drag Tour 2015 dates!!

17K views 132 replies 33 participants last post by  karolko 
#1 ·
The Northwest Drag Tour inaugural event will be held the fourth weekend of June.
We will be kicking off the event at Woodburn Dragstrip on Friday June 26th followed up at PIR in Portland on Saturday June 27th and ending at Bremerton Raceway Sunday June 28th.

I am trying to see if we can get our passes in early on Saturday afternoon at PIR so we can make the trek north to Bremerton in the evening or we can leave early morning from Portland, the choice will be by a majority vote of those wanting to caravan.

Please post up if you are planning to attend either here or on the Facebook page, www.facebook.com/northwestdragtour

Thanks for your support and we hope to see you there!!

#5 ·
It's a 3ish hour drive without traffic, we would want to leave Portland in the early evening. Will we have camping available at Bremerton?
PIR doesn't open until 5:30pm on Saturday. I am trying to see if we can rent the track 4 hours earlier (Start at 1:30) but I believe it is a noise deal why they aren't open earlier.

#12 ·
Dates & tracks are finalized.

Northwest Drag Tour 2015
Rules & Format

Any street legal door car, must be licensed & insured.
Must fit the "Spirit of the event" (No gutted out, super pro style cars covered in stickers)

We will be splitting the group up into two "classes".

Stock style suspension and a "Backhalf" class. Backhalf class will allow a full chassis car also.

Any combo or power adder allowed, any transmission or tire allowed for either class.

Backhalf class will be anything other than the factory style rear suspension for that year, make & model.

Stock suspension class will be just that, stock style rear suspension. All suspension front & rear must be bolt on. Leafs may be moved inboard for tire clearance and coilovers allowed with factory frame rails. Minitubs ok as long as factory frame retained.

Cars must be capable of making the drive between tracks under their own power and without the aid of a trailer to ride on.
"Chase" vehicles allowed for family or to help in the event of breakage but they may not assist the car getting from track to track. (Towing,ect)

Events will begin at a predetermined track (PIR, Portland for example) on a Friday afternoon, we run there for the evening race, caravan to the next track (Pacific, Kent as another example) for Saturdays racing where we will average the runs from Friday & Saturday to make a ladder for "eliminations" Saturday afternoon where we will crown the winner.

Weights will be "loosely" based around a 3000# minimum. We know some cars are lighter but to be a legal, functioning streetcar most are around 3000# or greater. If a "Potatochip" chassis car is running away from the pack and found to be 2600# then he will win a lead trophy. Same for a stock suspension car, if a gutted fox or early Chevy II walks the pack then they will win the same lead trophy.
Not all tracks we will be at have scales so we will only weigh at the ones that do.

Winner will receive $250 from DHR Motorsports (Could be higher depending if we get additional sponsors)
Runner up will get voucher for free tech card at the next event

All participants will receive a Northwest Drag Tour 2015 T-Shirt with purchase of their $30 2015 NDT Tech sticker.

Preliminary events are going to be held in June, July & August.

"King of the Streets" to be crowned at the completion of the final event for 2015.

King of the Streets title will be given to the competitor with the most points.
5 points for entry
1 point per pass
5 points for low et per class
3 points for quickest 60' per class
10 points for quickest average per event

-10 points for needing trailer assistance during an event (catastrophic breakdown, no trailering track to track.)

Any questions, comments or concerns please contact me at 360-520-7555

#20 ·
A silent sponsor has stepped forward with $250 for NA cars so we will have a total of four classes. NA stock suspension, NA backhalf, Power adder stock suspension and Power adder backhalf.

Thank you to all that are contributing as it is the supporters & members that are making this event the premier event of the Northwest!

#21 ·
So far we have the following bonuses offered by generous supporters...

$100 per day to quickest stick car.
$250 to quickest NA car per class.
$100 for quickest nitrous pass of the weekend
$50 long distance award (determined via mapquest from Woodburn)

I want to thank all that are making this possible! !

#26 ·
So far we have the following bonuses offered by generous supporters...

$100 to the quickest stick car of the weekend.
$250 to quickest NA car per class.
$100 for quickest nitrous pass of the weekend
$50 long distance award (determined via mapquest from Woodburn)

I want to thank all that are making this possible! !
Fixed :D

#22 ·
Damn, hope I can get my stock suspension car freshened up in time to be a class filler! If I am in town and you need to weigh cars, I have a set of chassis scales (I live about halfway between Woodburn and PIR).

#29 ·
Trailers...... will small trailers be an option to be pulled by the participants cars, or can support items be brought along in a separate vehicle/truck & trailer that is NOT towing the car? (For tools, Slicks, jacks, parts, BEER COOLERS! etc.

Just wondering if we need to add a hitch and buy a small utility trailer. We don't plan on bringing much, be we will be 9-12 hours from home, and may need a few things along the way.

#33 ·
Chase vehicles are fine. Hell, you can trailer to Woodburn for the start but must drive from initial tech at Woodburn to the winners circle at Bremerton to be legal.
Must compete on same tires you arrive on and drive on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.