Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Mustang lower instant center brackets???

72K views 158 replies 54 participants last post by  old man joe 
#1 ·
Need some that will go in the stock mounting box. What are most of you guys using? Wanting something I can weld into the stock ones or bolt in.

#78 ·
Just showing him what he asked to see.
I like the autofab lowers, and for the uppers using adjustment holes on the front body side and reinforcing the upper mounts while i'm in there adding adjustment.

#81 ·
My only probem with the autofabs is you have to run coilovers of some type. And from the searching ive done about stock location coilovers looks like everyone is against that setup. Plus I havent found any info about running a 10" 6.5BS wheel with 28/10.5s with the stock location coilovers. Im pretty sure there isnt going to be much room between them at all.

#82 · (Edited)
#121 ·
http://www.teamzmotorsports.net/Weld_on_IC_brackets_p/tzm-icbrkt-8.8.htm

These have shock mounting holes and are allot cheaper than our indexing brackets The holes aren't randomly placed either we reverse engineered them based on all the stock 4 link data I have aquired over the last 10 years, and were originally designed for our 9'' housings but we have had allot of people request just the bracket.

#129 ·
Will these brackets work on a car that the lower control arm mounts have been moved inward ? Also if I use lower control arms with spherical end links at both ends will this allow the rear end to move around ? Does anyone use a locater bar or wish bone type set-up to keep the car more stable. My car is set-up similar to most here , stock suspension , real low , 28-10.50 slick. We had to redrill the holes in lower mounts because the holes did not line up after the mounts were moved inward. Wil this cause it to be loose on top end, bars are not at factory angles they are straight. We get a lot of movement on top end. Sorry for all questions but this seems like a good thread to address them.
Thanks in advance for all the help you guys give. Carter

#133 ·
Just got my rear housing back from the powder coater with the Autofab Upper and Lower's along with their brace.

WOW , THAT LOOKS GREAT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.