Yellow Bullet Forums banner

making A 671 Blower

30K views 152 replies 37 participants last post by  1970ls8 
#1 ·
Figured id post this on the bullet, dont really post to much, usually just read but i figured some of you might find this really interesting.

I work for an aluminum Foundry and Production CNC shop in Muncie, IN, Phillips Patterns and Castings. We making American made parts, Im an engineer and pattern maker.

I've designed up a 671 blower and am machine the pattern right now which will be used to make casting then the castings will be machined into the final product.

Im machining the pattern right now, should have castings by next week and ill post the video hopefully by beginning of next month if anyone cares to see it.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a photo of the CNC machine cutting the pattern, im cutting this in 3" layers of renwood. The layers are just super glued together then i post-process the tool paths and drip-feed it to the machine. This photo is of it doing a Z plan cut and leaving a 0.0500" machine stock.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This photo is the designed pattern i am cutting.

---------------------------------------------------------

This photo is what the finished casting will look like.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.