Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Wal-Mart Workers' Black Friday Strike

12K views 131 replies 68 participants last post by  stg1john 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Makes $8.90 per hour...

WALMART EMPLOYEE

#21 ·
Wal Mart treats their employees like shit. I'm not for unions, but they made the situation ripe for a union to step in. They made their bed, now they get to sleep in it. They deserve any fuckin they get.
They hold back peoples hours so that benefits are not required to be given. Yes they treat them like shit so I dont buy anything there.

#28 ·
Oh no! Poor us! How are we going to get great deals on Chinese bullshit on the day after Thanksgiving when we expect everyone to be off work except jackass WalMart workers who probably deserve to get abused for some reason we will make up to make us feel better.
Oh the humanity!

#31 ·
Let me see If I got this right:

Some would rather their fellow Americans continue to make slave wages so you guys can get good deals on Chinese products.

God forbid, Walmart workers want to improve their lot in life.

Sad!

#40 ·
Slave wages? You realize that the people who work there have no brains or skills correct? If they did they would advance in the company or find other work. "Improve their lot in life" that is the problem with you union idiots, if they want to improve your lot in life improve your skill set or education. Dont try to strong arm your employers into paying you more for work that takes zero skill or experience. Every cocksucker in a union wants to get paid like the fucking CEO.

#32 ·
Let's see if I have this right, wallmart sells cheap crap from china, doesn't pay benefits. Now this has been their way of doing business for over 25 years, yet somehow you bring obama's name into this story?

When you were born the Dr. should have slapped your mother, you're just fucking retarded.

#34 ·
Having done a stint working in a Wal mart running the automotive department all I can say is it is not a good place to work...the wages are just a small portion of the problems there...its really the story of the rich getting richer while the poor get poorer...look at the Forbes list and notice how many Walton family members are there...they crush vendors with almost ridiculous demands and the poor companies are stuck because to move product they need to have those Wal Mart orders..they just plain lie about their tactics and the kick backs their buyers get...the saddest part for me though is it just didnt have to be that way...Sam had a heritage of supporting American products...once he went in the dirt the whole company phylosophy changed and it always was about how can we make MORE money and who can we screw to get it...meanwhile the front line employees are treated like dirt and thats why its a revolving door of barely trained poeple in those stores...and whoa be it if you drank the KoolAid and became a salaried member of the management team...then they owned you and your life...as long as you wanted to put up with it...some people need that stinkin job and marriages dissolve at a tremendous rate because of it...I used to jokingly call it the Wal mart wife swap...so much foolin around going on its scary...but in the end the American people need that super cheap discount place because we all have to save as much money as we can too...so they will survive as always and probably make money regardless of the discourse.

#35 ·
This is just more of the entitlement bullshit. When you accept a position for a job, you accept the pay, benefits, etc. Don't fuckin expect to make 20 bucks an hour doing the most menial job. Want to make more money? Learn a trade, go to school, actually plan for your future. And fuck unions, I worked with these assholes that made a TON of money to do a basic, no skill job, and they still fuckin bitched!

#36 ·
Correct me if I am wrong but don't people go to work at Walmart knowing how it is? Like when a high school kid goes to work at McDonalds they know it's a shit job to earn a little money. It does take time but you can move up in Walmart if you are motivated.

#39 ·
The fact around here is: There aren't that many places to work. Period. Wal Mart ran out all the smaller stores. Most of the manufacturing went to China. So even if you have a skill, you have no place to use it. So people take the job they can get and try to make the best of it. If they don't take a job, you bitch that they are lazy and play the system. If they do take a job and ask for more out of that job, then they are greedy. Are they expected to roll over at every turn and thank everyone for the abuse?

#41 ·
This thought process is something I never understood. When I was an employee the only thing I felt I was owed was my paycheck. As an employer the only thing I felt I owed you was a paycheck. It's very simple how this works, you show up and work and I pay you. If you don't I don't. If your quality of work sucks then you are of no use to me or yourself. My reason for hiring you is not because I like you but because I need you to do a task that helps me make money. If you are good at this I will pay you well because you are of value to me. It also helps me to keep you because you are of value to me. I don't owe you too much more than that IMO and I never felt anyone owed me anything. I have heard people talk about how they worked at a job for X amount of time and felt they were owed something more and I never understood this thought process.

#42 ·
you wanna help the people of wall mart and American mfg. .then do your damn-dist to buy American. if you decrease the demand for said goods they will find out what you will buy and a price your come to them for it ..its a start ..try it ..lets start easy 10%

#44 ·
Here ya go:

During the last decade, dependence on the food stamp program nationwide increased by 8 percent, while in counties with Wal-Mart stores the increase was almost twice as large at 15.3 percent. "After controlling for other factors determining changes in the poverty rate over time, we find that both counties with more initial Wal-Mart stores and with more additions of stores between 1987 and 1998 experienced greater increases (or smaller decreases) in family poverty rates during the 1990's economic boom period," Stephan Goetz a Professor of Agricultural and Regional Economics at The Pennsylvania State University states.

Although Wal-Mart employs many people living in its communities, for most, the hours worked and the wages paid do not help these families transition out of poverty. Another effect is that the closing of "mom and pop" stores following the appearance of a store leads to the closing of local businesses that previously supplied those stores including: wholesalers, transporters, logistics providers, accountants, lawyers and others. The authors state that "by displacing the local class of entrepreneurs, the Wal-Mart chain also destroys local leadership capacity." They encourage community leaders to think about programs and policies in anticipation of helping those displaced by the arrival of the chain.

#50 ·
Here ya go:

During the last decade, dependence on the food stamp program nationwide increased by 8 percent, while in counties with Wal-Mart stores the increase was almost twice as large at 15.3 percent. "After controlling for other factors determining changes in the poverty rate over time, we find that both counties with more initial Wal-Mart stores and with more additions of stores between 1987 and 1998 experienced greater increases (or smaller decreases) in family poverty rates during the 1990's economic boom period," Stephan Goetz a Professor of Agricultural and Regional Economics at The Pennsylvania State University states.

Although Wal-Mart employs many people living in its communities, for most, the hours worked and the wages paid do not help these families transition out of poverty. Another effect is that the closing of "mom and pop" stores following the appearance of a store leads to the closing of local businesses that previously supplied those stores including: wholesalers, transporters, logistics providers, accountants, lawyers and others. The authors state that "by displacing the local class of entrepreneurs, the Wal-Mart chain also destroys local leadership capacity." They encourage community leaders to think about programs and policies in anticipation of helping those displaced by the arrival of the chain.
Who ever thought working at Wal-Mart is supposed to help you transition out of poverty? Everyone want to be middle class but the truth is not everyone has middle class skills. I only have a HS diploma and have never worked for $9. There are opportunities out there if your capable but I guess if not you extort your current employer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.