Yellow Bullet Forums banner

long version of AC Delco PF48 oil filter

32K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  dwill73 
#1 ·
Is there a long version of the AC Delco PF48 filter in Wix or Mobil 1? If so what are the part numbers?

#13 ·
I called the number on the Mobel 1 website and was told the M1-212 oil filter is the longer version of the M1-113, Napa Gold 57060, and the AC Delco PF-48 oil filters. The M1-212 is the same size as the AC Delco PF 63 which are about 1 inch longer then the rest. The Mobil 1 M1-212 oil filters are only sold in certain areas as of now.

#12 ·
I've been using the PF-63 on mine for a long time. They can be found at Wal-Mart for under $5. They recently changed part numbers to a PF-63E, don't know if they are good filters or not but I change mine so often it shouldn't matter anyway's. I like the taller/longer filter's better due to the increase flow they can support and the extra volume.

#14 ·
compare an E suffix with an older stock regular one and they are night and day just by looking at them.

i need to go buy one and just cut one apart. i be there is half the media in the new ones vs the older filters. if its the same amount, its surely not the same quality.

#15 ·
After reading all this I'm gonna probably swap to a WIX filter just cause they are proven. I used to use the Napa or WIX filters but switched to the ACDelco because they are conviniently in Wal-Mart. Guess I'll have to start going to Napa for my filter's at least.

#18 ·
Did a lot of research on this. There are two different thread types on factory Ls oil pans, one metric and one standard. The F-body, Corvette, and most truck pans have the standard thread while the Cadillac CTS, Pontiac G8, and 2010 Camaro have the metric threads. Will this info be true in every case, I don't know. Wix filters web site can cross reference any filter to their part number. The tall version of the PF48 in a Wix filter is 57045, they both have metric threads .

#20 ·
It seems like the past couple of years GM started going to the metric threaded oil filters, a 22X1.5 thread. My Cadillac CTS oil pan I just bought for my motor used to come with the standard thread oil filter, 1 3/16-16, and the past two years it's listed with the metric threads.

#23 ·
The Napa version of AC'S PF48 is the Napa Gold #7060. The longer version of the 7060 would be the 7045. The 7045 is 4.72 inches long where the 7060 is 3.43 inches long. The 7045's gasket is about .030 thinner the the 7060 but I dont think it would make a differance. Both filters have the 22x1.50 thread.

#24 ·
You are correct sir. I wanted to stay with a factory oil pan for my Ls built and stay away from the aftermarket oil pans with the remote filter setup. I also wanted to find the best oil pan and filter combination which in my opinion is the Cadillac CTS oil pan and the longer Napa Gold 7045 filter. The filter does not hang below the pan as much as others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.