Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Big tire street cars making a come back?

33K views 218 replies 99 participants last post by  IMSHOT 
#1 ·
We were discussing this in the shop yeaterday. Seems with the fad of small tires getting long in the tooth, and people looking for different things (as well as street outlaw copies) that big tires on the street are coming back into popularity.

Discuss?

#44 ·
They might look cool at a cruise night, but at the track a big tire car losing to a small tire car is just plain sad.

#49 ·
Nice 57' I like big tire cars but it really depends on the car itself.

My Impala will stay on 275/295's since it will likely never be fast enough to justify anything more, My truck on the other hand will be running at the very least 315's bugger if I can.

#50 ·
Used to belong to a friend of mine I could of bought it as a roller with trans just needed another small block for 6500.00 still kicking my ass for not finding the money, it went 10.20s on small shot

#58 ·

Has a hard enough time on the road with a small engine. 31x18x15. It would be faster with smaller tires, but probably not as consistant on these cold tracks now. Don't think big tires ever died, just the popularity of small tires increased.

#59 ·
9.40 @ 141 through mufflers, pump gas, DOT tires! 1.4 sixty on the back tires. Big tires FTW.

#64 ·
I see just that the people who still have a big tired Pro Street cars have started this rumor so that they can unload thiers! Down here in the bottom those cars don't get any money, has to be the same all over the Country.

A buddy has a real nice X Jerry Haas big tired 55 Pro Street Chebbie and he is married to it, has tried to get decent money for it and no takers so far, SB, no A/C, nice looking car but that back half/big tire makes everyone walk.

Dave

#86 ·
I don't like the look of a 60's or 70's muscle car tubbed. I also don't like raked stances, multi colour stripe kits, stripes in general, two toned paint jobs, flames or tribal patterns, nor do I like Cragar wheels, old school Centerlines, etc.

And I'm hold on to my man card..

#71 ·
Build your car how YOU want it. Don't worry about what is the cool thing or what trend you might see on some TV show. Big tire, small tire, who gives a fuck. Get out and build it. Have fun, get chicks, scare old people.

If someone doesn't like how you built your car, they don't have to ride in it.

-Abone.

#74 ·
I like both. i have seen both effed up too. Wheels dont sit right in the wheel wells is what comes to mind. My next door neighbour bought a big tire pickup. It looked cool. No engine to back it up though and that bugs me about some big tire cars. Its just show. That turns me off.

I must say i also like the tastefully done larger rim cars and trucks also. Not rubber band stuff but again tasteful. Not donk like.

I dont think the big tire cars went away. I think alot of people maybe had to take a break to maybe redo things for better driveability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.