Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Found my dad's old race car

27K views 132 replies 83 participants last post by  FRYDAY 
#1 ·
I found my dad's old '65 mustang that was his first race car. I fell like I need to go buy it. I know it's going to take a TON of work to bring it up to date but i don't care. Just reaching out for y'alls input. It would make for a killer 10.90 index car.

#4 ·
Don't worry about the money, just come on here and beg for some. Its what the cool kids are doing;)

#5 ·
Yes my dad is still around to help. I really want to get it for us. I know it will mean alot to him even if he says it doesn't. These are the only pictures I have of the car from the '70-'80's. From what I have researched and been told nothing has changed and the car has just been sitting.

not sure why its not letting me post pictures. Im going to go look at the car tomorrow, 99% sure im going to buy it

#19 ·
Yes my dad is still around to help. I really want to get it for us. I know it will mean alot to him even if he says it doesn't. These are the only pictures I have of the car from the '70-'80's. From what I have researched and been told nothing has changed and the car has just been sitting.

not sure why its not letting me post pictures. Im going to go look at the car tomorrow, 99% sure im going to buy it

Shouldn't even be a question if it's something both of you want to do.......... There isn't anything I wouldn't give up for the same opportunity with my dad.

#6 ·
Buy it! That opportunity will only come around once. Even if it sits in a barn for years, its yours! My mom bought an old JD tractor back that her grandfather bought new. This thing is a hunk of crap, and will probably never be restored. But she wanted it for sentimental reasons, and thats all that matters! If you pass this up, you will regret it!

#8 ·
Do it. In 1973 my Grandpa bought a new f250. That summer he took me to Disneyland in it. When I grew up and worked for him it was my work truck. When he died, my family took it and passed it around, and beat it till it was dead. I had it picked up from my aunts farm in Cali, and transported up. I now have about 5k in a truck worth maybe 2k. Priceless to me. Good luck.

#10 ·
with out a doubt you NEED to by it. someday when your dad passes (wishing him no ill will) you will be forever glad you and he spent the time together fixing up his old race car.Like you said he may say its not a big deal to him if you/he get it back, but we know thats a bunch of bull crap, he will be thrilled to have it back in the family and you both working on it together.

#20 ·
I wasn't able to go see the car today due to conflict in mine and the gentleman's work schedules. I plan on seeing and picking up the car here very soon. Thanks for all of y'alls input. i will keep y'all up to date as i plan on giving the car to my dad on his birthday at the end of the month!

#22 ·
Buy it!! I did the same thing a couple years back. I found my dads old vega super gas car, the first car he built and raced himself. I bought it back and we are putting it back together. He told my mom how cool it was that his kid actually wanted his first race car, it meant a lot more to him then he would have realized before hand. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.