just make it a 8.50 index then

#172 ·
im in for the tire for you scott

#173 ·
make a poll on tires and wheelie bars... let it eat

#175 ·
than we can summit it to Baxter in a email

#177 ·
im for the tire rule and wheelie bars only weight added to the bars.....no sheet metal intakes,single carb only,no foward facing hood scoops, no black cars,primers ok:-kill

#185 ·
fill us in !!!!!!!!!! dont be that guy i know somthing you dont know

#187 ·
Whatever the rules, I will be back next year..I had a great time racing this class even though I did'nt get the car out until July with Chris doing the driving. I myself only got to drive the last race,but I must say I had a great time racing this class, & meeting everyone involved with it from the track staff to fellow racers. As far as the rules go WHY change a thing? If It ain't broke don't fix it!! I do agree with Kelly though, there should'nt be a penalty on the 4-links! Stock suspension cars are out 60 footing all of us;) & I think there should be a nostalgia weight break, say pre-72 but I am just newbie trying to have fun,That is what It's all about right?! see ya next year!! O yea, & let williams race WTF?! us black chevelles need to stick together;) Looking forward to next year!! ~Alan

#189 ·
Personally, I like the current rules and wouldnt like to see drastic changes. Clarification on the tire rule would be great, IMO....because of the issue this year.

Wheelie bars: Have the drivers VOTE on it. They own the cars and are responsible for fixing them. I say the the driver speak. Whatever the outcome, is the outcome.

I honestly think the only "rule" that needs addressing is the iintake manifold. There was plenty of tunnel ram manifolds this year, and I would bet their will be more next year. IMO, they have an advantage and should carry weight. I dont think cast tunnel rams, with a single top, were the original intent of the rule (but that is just my opinion). I would be open to sheet metal or "whatever".....as long as its defined and easily verified (tech'd).

As I stated before, this is a one night show. Milan does not have the time (or capability) to police the phuck out of this class. The rules need to be simple (like they are now), with some better clarification on a few.

#190 ·
Personally, I like the current rules and wouldnt like to see drastic changes. Clarification on the tire rule would be great, IMO....because of the issue this year.

Wheelie bars: Have the drivers VOTE on it. They own the cars and are responsible for fixing them. I say the the driver speak. Whatever the outcome, is the outcome.

I honestly think the only "rule" that needs addressing is the iintake manifold. There was plenty of tunnel ram manifolds this year, and I would bet their will be more next year. IMO, they have an advantage and should carry weight. I dont think cast tunnel rams, with a single top, were the original intent of the rule (but that is just my opinion). I would be open to sheet metal or "whatever".....as long as its defined and easily verified (tech'd).

As I stated before, this is a one night show. Milan does not have the time (or capability) to police the phuck out of this class. The rules need to be simple (like they are now), with some better clarification on a few.
I'm trying to grasp exactly what your motive is with this.

IF, there were plenty of tunnel rams this year, and potentially more next year, why would you need a penalty for them?

What I don't quite understand, is your guy had the largest (infraction) tire in the class, and just happens to have won the season, and you need a tire clarification? While a tire that is 2.5" less in width, than your guys tires, was brought up during the season as a rule infraction? I'm a little stumped here....

Your guy has the largest engine in the class, won the season, and you're concerned about tunnel ram clarifications?

If a tunnel ram is such an advantage, why don't I don't see one on the fastest car? Certainly, he could have put one on it...

If there were plenty of tunnel ram intakes in the class this year, and more next year.... if they are such an advantage why wouldn't your guy have one?

I don't really care too much about the manifolds..... everyone has the ability to run the same style manifold, it ends up being a wash.... if you start penalizing 'parts', the class will become a circus..... certainly your guy with his new TH400 he purchased has an advantage over a glide or std th400..... it picked him up significantly.... shouldn't that carry a penalty?

So I would simply say No tunnel rams, or leave it as is....

As for Tires -

We need a spec max width tire list, from each manufacturer, if we don't want bias in the brand.

This will not eliminiate the 9" tire, but will eliminate the 11.5" tire.... which, is the real world rules infraction in the class...

#192 ·
Unfortunately, so called little guys(I'd rather call them the smart ones) won't keep up in any heads up class format, regardless of rules. It has always been that way especially in a normally aspirated class. No weight penalties, tire limitations, weight breaks, etc... will allow a little guy to out run a big spender. You can't control other peoples wallets.

As for getting out of hand, what do you call 100k + cars running 8.20's to 8.40's for the last 4 years?

You can't rule restrict progression of a class. The rules will actually drive the costs up, and the class will not slow down at all.

#220 ·
Unfortunately, so called little guys(I'd rather call them the smart ones) won't keep up in any heads up class format, regardless of rules. It has always been that way especially in a normally aspirated class. No weight penalties, tire limitations, weight breaks, etc... will allow a little guy to out run a big spender. You can't control other peoples wallets.

As for getting out of hand, what do you call 100k + cars running 8.20's to 8.40's for the last 4 years?

You can't rule restrict progression of a class. The rules will actually drive the costs up, and the class will not slow down at all.
Thanks for the props from all of Us "Little Guys"

#194 ·
Alans car, does not have a tunnel ram. It's an Edelbrock 2802, cast single 4 manifold. I felt, and so far, still feel it better applies to his combo than a tunnel ram. The Tunnel ram was and is an option.... easily purchased from ProFiler, and would have made my life much easier.....

#195 ·
Ok, I stand corrected. I honestly thought the chevelle had a tunnel ram. Regardless, my opinion is still the same....I think they have a definate advantage....and should carry weight or be eliminated. I am all for balls out on intakes too! That would be way cool in my book, but it might discourage some people.

PS. You commented earlier about transmissions. You are correct that a different (th400) was put in the car, however, the car didnt pick up from the trans change. ET was found else where, may have been the same step up with the glide.....I dont know. I dont know what trans will be in the car next year, I leave that up to him....LOL. I think he knows a helluva lot more about transmissions that I do! :p

#196 ·
I'm worn out. Just settle on the rules and I'll fit it in. Don't much care what they are at this point, which is why I personally don't want any changes. If I wanted to go race a class, it would be Pro Stock..... Milan is suppose to be for fun.... not worrying about penalties and weight breaks.

#197 ·
I'm worn out. Just settle on the rules and I'll fit it in. Don't much care what they are at this point, which is why I personally don't want any changes. If I wanted to go race a class, it would be Pro Stock..... Milan is suppose to be for fun.... not worrying about penalties and weight breaks.
You're worn out because you work all the time. Work by day, build engines all night. When you get a free minute, you're running off with your family somewhere. Honestly, I dont know how you do it!

Regardless of the rules (or changes) I'm sure I will be there for every race next year. Golf cart a hummin', with the blue car in tow. Fire up the grill after qualifying and cook up the grub.

Hopefully, we get to see the pumpkin back in action!

#207 ·
i see alot of car going over to open comp :)

#210 ·
14 pages, no new rules, no Milan reps and a lot of I wish we had this to fit my car.

You have to love the offseason......

Typicaly when do they release the rules for the new season?

I hope its not the first of the year....

#216 ·
Norton, he needs a lil more smoke to play in this class.

If he did he would lobby for a no rpm rule.

It hurts deep to get beat by an Olds........

#230 ·
well i just happen to have a huge set of donkey balls

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.