Game Changer! - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Pro Modified

Notices

Pro Modified Talk about Pro-Mod racing with censorship...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #16
VegaEddie
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
VegaEddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poconos
Posts: 6,369
Default Re: Game Changer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried Paul View Post
hi Eddie i expected your answer

The turbo team on the other hand had much less experience in P/X style cars than Team Frankie Taylor - and these cars were basically P/X cars racing 1/4 mile.

As for crushing, ok, true, but i found it very impressing how brutal the backhalf of the turbo was, and how this gives - at least me - the impression Frankies screw freezed at the finish line, when the turbo "crushed" through the last meters so to say.

see here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaFIreRk0Vs&t=01m44s @ 1.44 (wanted to link exact minutes:seconds but didn't work)
It's not quite that cut and dry. Frankie had the whole fuel pump back in the car by the 1/8 mile to keep parts safe, so the car was pig rich out the back. He also had a ton of wicker in the spoiler to keep the car planted. He went 5.47 with a very safe tune up within 5 passes with that combo in the 1/4.

All that said, this thread is about Zappia. I hope he gives the 1/4 mile a try in outlaw trim. In an interview, he feels the combo is good for high 5.20s. Would love to see him give it a go.
VegaEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #17
Siegfried Paul
Junior Member
Launchin
 
Siegfried Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 463
Default Re: Game Changer!

yeah indeed, i also would like to see Zappia on the 1/4. I'm convinced that high 20s are in the reach of outlaw turbos as well.

Btw, the Q80 also had room left for going faster...

I still stand by my statement: If you have 2 equally dedicated Teams both in the same league (comparable deep knowledge, experience and money) that put the same amount of work into the project running unchained cars: A turbo is anbeatable in the 1/4.
Siegfried Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #18
68roadrunner
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 10,109
Default Re: Game Changer!

This'll be good...."this here's a special car.. "2 accelerators...NO BRAKES!"
Superb.
68roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:53 PM   #19
cadpro
Member
Pullin gears
 
cadpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 961
Default Re: Game Changer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegaEddie View Post
It's not quite that cut and dry. Frankie had the whole fuel pump back in the car by the 1/8 mile to keep parts safe, so the car was pig rich out the back. He also had a ton of wicker in the spoiler to keep the car planted. He went 5.47 with a very safe tune up within 5 passes with that combo in the 1/4.
He also said he had absolutely no desire to do it again. And coming from the Mad Man, that's saying something...
cadpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:45 AM   #20
Vamodsquad
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Vamodsquad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Roanoke,VA
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Game Changer!

Looking forward to seeing him run. Best of luck to the team.
__________________
Vote with your wallet.
Vamodsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #21
opeliac
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 33,969
Default Re: Game Changer!

If nitro is involved, the blower will win on the 1/4...If not, the turbo will drag its ass.
opeliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:37 PM   #22
Siegfried Paul
Junior Member
Launchin
 
Siegfried Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 463
Default Re: Game Changer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
If nitro is involved, the blower will win on the 1/4...If not, the turbo will drag its ass.
ok, forgot about nitro. i assumed alc...
Siegfried Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:08 AM   #23
jose gonzalez
Junior Member
Burnout box
 
jose gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Default Re: Game Changer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegaEddie View Post
It's not quite that cut and dry. Frankie had the whole fuel pump back in the car by the 1/8 mile to keep parts safe, so the car was pig rich out the back. He also had a ton of wicker in the spoiler to keep the car planted. He went 5.47 with a very safe tune up within 5 passes with that combo in the 1/4.

All that said, this thread is about Zappia. I hope he gives the 1/4 mile a try in outlaw trim. In an interview, he feels the combo is good for high 5.20s. Would love to see him give it a go.
Lets hope so we are eager to run 1/4. Best of luck to him
jose gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:12 AM   #24
jose gonzalez
Junior Member
Burnout box
 
jose gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Default Re: Game Changer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried Paul View Post
yeah indeed, i also would like to see Zappia on the 1/4. I'm convinced that high 20s are in the reach of outlaw turbos as well.

Btw, the Q80 also had room left for going faster...

I still stand by my statement: If you have 2 equally dedicated Teams both in the same league (comparable deep knowledge, experience and money) that put the same amount of work into the project running unchained cars: A turbo is anbeatable in the 1/4.
The outlaw turbo cars can go faster than a high 20!! A high 20 won't be enough to beat a outlaw turbo car.
jose gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #25
TAFC425
Junior Member
Launchin
 
TAFC425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 494
Default Re: Game Changer!

Really 2 game changers here...

Zappia is a game changer in his own right.

I think the 4.9 motor is a game changer as well.

Obviously there will be a learning curve. Let's not forget there's probably a log book that came with that operation that has a few low 3.50's in it, so it's not like it's a total shot in the dark for these guys.
__________________
Will Hanna
Hanna Motorsport Services
Crew Chief/Tuning Consultant For Hire
Blown Alcohol Specialist
TAD-TAFC-Pro Mod
3x Division Champ
2012 US Nationals Champ
Check HMS out on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/hannamotorsport/
TAFC425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #26
promodvette
Banned
Smoked Another SBC
 
promodvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,703
Default Re: Game Changer!

This line in the article didn't make much sense to me, "The car is the newest of the three Jerry Bickel ’69 Camaro Promods in existence". Anyone know exactly what this means? There are definitely more than 3 69 camaros out there.
promodvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #27
mike recchia
Junior Member
Pre-Staged
 
mike recchia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 65
Default Re: Game Changer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by promodvette View Post
This line in the article didn't make much sense to me, "The car is the newest of the three Jerry Bickel 69 Camaro Promods in existence". Anyone know exactly what this means? There are definitely more than 3 69 camaros out there.

Maybe they meant in P/X
mike recchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:59 PM   #28
mike reynolds
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
mike reynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,726
Default Re: Game Changer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by promodvette View Post
This line in the article didn't make much sense to me, "The car is the newest of the three Jerry Bickel ’69 Camaro Promods in existence". Anyone know exactly what this means? There are definitely more than 3 69 camaros out there.
Newest of the 3 the NAS team cars
mike reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:41 PM   #29
MoparManiac12
Junior Member
Burnout box
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 23
Default Re: Game Changer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried Paul View Post
hi Eddie i expected your answer

The turbo team on the other hand had much less experience in P/X style cars than Team Frankie Taylor - and these cars were basically P/X cars racing 1/4 mile.

As for crushing, ok, true, but i found it very impressing how brutal the backhalf of the turbo was, and how this gives - at least me - the impression Frankies screw freezed at the finish line, when the turbo "crushed" through the last meters so to say.

see here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaFIreRk0Vs&t=01m44s @ 1.44 (wanted to link exact minutes:seconds but didn't work)
frankies car did not freeze on the top end lol he was not running it hard out the back as he has said because A he didnt know how the car was going to handle at that speed and wanted to pull the chutes early to make sure he stopped. he also has a much smaller budget and didnt want to blow everything up. not saying the PLR cars haven't made some monster passes but its not like they are running way faster. I still would love to see frankie get some big funding
MoparManiac12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-12-2017, 06:16 PM   #30
superd54
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
superd54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belleville, Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 7,723
Default Re: Game Changer!

Exactly.

Dave...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparManiac12 View Post
frankies car did not freeze on the top end lol he was not running it hard out the back as he has said because A he didnt know how the car was going to handle at that speed and wanted to pull the chutes early to make sure he stopped. he also has a much smaller budget and didnt want to blow everything up. not saying the PLR cars haven't made some monster passes but its not like they are running way faster. I still would love to see frankie get some big funding
__________________
I hear a Blower Car.
superd54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 1.98%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC
 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.