NHRA Parity Chart - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums
;

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Pro Modified

Notices

Pro Modified Talk about Pro-Mod racing with censorship...

Old 04-30-2017, 04:57 PM   #16
promodvette
Banned
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: NHRA Parity Chart

promodvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #17
B.A.Carty
Launchin

It looks like it doesn't make sense, dollar wise, or competition wise to run 1/4 nitrous racing.
B.A.Carty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:33 PM   #18
Yvonne
Smoked another BBC

NHRA Pro Mod Championship Winners

2016 Nitrous
2015 Turbo
2014 Nitrous
2013 Nitrous
2012 Turbo
2011 Nitrous
2010 Blower
2009 Nitrous
Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #19
promodvette
Banned
Smoked Another SBC

Gray had a good chance to win/runner up this weekend if he had a better light. The .098 killed him and his 5.826 was only .019 slower than Castellana who had a .049 light. So Gray just had to be better than .030 (was .022 in R2) to have the first nitrous win of the year. They do lack a little performance but as the weather gets worse the gap gets smaller.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #20
B.A.Carty
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
NHRA Pro Mod Championship Winners

2016 Nitrous
2015 Turbo
2014 Nitrous
2013 Nitrous
2012 Turbo
2011 Nitrous
2010 Blower
2009 Nitrous
I'm having a bear of a time finding the full points season for the last 8 years but I am willing to bet that the nitrous cars, and attendees have dropped off significantly.

Side note, Someone from the Pro mod Ranks with some pull should get the ok to start there own NHRAPROMOD.COM site. Good fucking lord, the nhra site blows, and than the pro mod side of things is even worse
Old 04-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #21
Lowlife
Burnout box

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.Carty View Post
I'm having a bear of a time finding the full points season for the last 8 years but I am willing to bet that the nitrous cars, and attendees have dropped off significantly.

Side note, Someone from the Pro mod Ranks with some pull should get the ok to start there own NHRAPROMOD.COM site. Good fucking lord, the nhra site blows, and than the pro mod side of things is even worse
insidepromod.com
Lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:47 PM   #22
promodvette
Banned
Smoked Another SBC

Dragrace central puts up the points after each race usually. 2014 may have been the year Rickie Clinched early so they forgot about it or I didn't see it. Go to NHRA, then the year on the left, then Oct/Nov after the Vegas race to find these.

2016 - http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...r2016#indextop
2015 - http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...r2015#indextop
2014 - ?? Couldn't find it
2013 - http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...r2013#indextop
2012 - http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...r2012#indextop
Old 04-30-2017, 09:50 PM   #23
Yvonne
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by promodvette View Post
Gray had a good chance to win/runner up this weekend if he had a better light. The .098 killed him and his 5.826 was only .019 slower than Castellana who had a .049 light. So Gray just had to be better than .030 (was .022 in R2) to have the first nitrous win of the year. They do lack a little performance but as the weather gets worse the gap gets smaller.
This is what Mike and I were talking about today. Gray had a .022 the round before and .041 in Rd 1 which was the best of that quad. He beat Bowman with that who ran 5.81! RT still matters and will likely win more races this year than ever because the parity is so tight.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:00 PM   #24
Yvonne
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Yes, there has been a drop in nitrous cars but the count has held pretty steady at 4-5 the last few years. I have to say though I'm bristling at comments that infer nitrous is not a valid engine combo. Just a few years ago everybody said it would be an all turbo class before long and we're nowhere near that. There are more blower cars than nitrous and turbo put together. I see five turbo cars on the DNQ and three of them are pretty well-funded. Its unfair to rule out the validity of a power adder that has won 5 of the last 8 championships. I'm just saying let's support everybody's efforts because these guys are putting on a heck of a show!
Old 04-30-2017, 10:04 PM   #25
B.A.Carty
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife View Post
this is nothing, and means nothing
Theres tons and tons of outlaw style, and pro mod websites.
But to get the rights, or the OK from NHRA to have a specific NHRA PRO MOD could mean big bucks.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:15 PM   #26
B.A.Carty
Launchin

Quote:
Yes, there has been a drop in nitrous cars but the count has held pretty steady at 4-5 the last few years. I have to say though I'm bristling at comments that infer nitrous is not a valid engine combo. Just a few years ago everybody said it would be an all turbo class before long and we're nowhere near that. There are more blower cars than nitrous and turbo put together. I see five turbo cars on the DNQ and three of them are pretty well-funded. Its unfair to rule out the validity of a power adder that has won 5 of the last 8 championships. I'm just saying let's support everybody's efforts because these guys are putting on a heck of a show!
Less and less nitrous cars coming out and showing up to nhra events
Mike Castilna switching away from nitrous
4 round wins out of 40 some odd rounds
And what are they 200+lbs lighter, double the CI and still a tenth behind the record.

Trust me, it sucks seeing the nitrous cars slowly fade away but the amount of power the turbo and blower cars make compared to nitrous cars isn't even comparable anymore especially when there running a 1/4.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:24 PM   #27
promodvette
Banned
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
This is what Mike and I were talking about today. Gray had a .022 the round before and .041 in Rd 1 which was the best of that quad. He beat Bowman with that who ran 5.81! RT still matters and will likely win more races this year than ever because the parity is so tight.
For sure! This is like pro stock was back in its prime. Pretty much you qualify and you got a good chance of winning the race!

Also about Castellana... sure he moved seats into a blown car that was occupied last year, but Jenkins filled in the vacant nitrous car seat. So in the grand scheme its not gaining or losing anything since its just 2 driver swaps.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:23 AM   #28
Yvonne
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Trust me, it sucks seeing the nitrous cars slowly fade away but the amount of power the turbo and blower cars make compared to nitrous cars isn't even comparable anymore especially when there running a 1/4.
The amount of power doesn't automatically translate into wins. Neither does setting records. If you can't turn on the win light, it doesn't much matter how much more power you had. You have to look at the bigger picture too. If a power adder stops coming so do those sponsors and vendors. So its not something to wish for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promodvette View Post
For sure! This is like pro stock was back in its prime. Pretty much you qualify and you got a good chance of winning the race!

Also about Castellana... sure he moved seats into a blown car that was occupied last year, but Jenkins filled in the vacant nitrous car seat. So in the grand scheme its not gaining or losing anything since its just 2 driver swaps.
X2 Castellana is racing the engine combo that his sponsor told him to. And he said himself it opened up the seat for Jenkins.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #29
evan_bader
Burnout box

deff curious to see this chart fill in. Thanks for the information ����
evan_bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2017, 08:55 PM   #30
B.A.Carty
Launchin

[QUOTE=Yvonne;60068506]The amount of power doesn't automatically translate into wins. Neither does setting records. If you can't turn on the win light, it doesn't much matter how much more power you had. You have to look at the bigger picture too. If a power adder stops coming so do those sponsors and vendors. So its not something to wish for.

QUOTE]

I don't hope the nitrous guys leave, I like the parity, but I think there a dying bread.

From everything I've read and have seen is that the nitrous guys are walking a fine line to get every bit of power out of there combo to the track, where as the boosted guys have a lot(I rolled my eyes when I say a lot) more of a margin of error. Example, a turbo pro mod guy on face book "we missed on the tune but it went a 93(I think) we're sitting 12th. Gonna have to step it up next round".
Where as if a nitrous guy misses on the run it's 95% sure a aborted run