Yellow Bullet Forums banner

NHRA Unleashed in Columbus

15K views 166 replies 48 participants last post by  dennisthemenace 
#1 ·
Anybody going? I was at the Mopar Nats this weekend and the track management really wants this to work. I think we'll go to run the index class. A good car count could influence some classes for 2011. Jim likes the 8.90 program at Thompson but needs to see what kind of fields are out there. Here is your chance to make a statement for a street car index classes at Trails. Hopefully the heads up guys will show up too. Prefect time of year to lay down some numbers??!!

#2 ·
We're considering it. People need to ask themselves: "Do I want to be a part of reshaping NHRA Sportsman dragracing, or not?"

NHRA's vision on this is HUGE! I could imagine this completely replacing stock/superstock racing (which comes down to a bracket race) and throttle-stop racing.

Build a car to run an index - any index. Then no delay box, no timers, no throttle stops. Just side-by-side pro-tree launches and side-by-side races with photo finishes.

Don't sell this idea short. Five years from now this could be NHRA Sportsman racing.

#3 ·
I'll talk to Jim this Friday night when I'm there for the Holt Nitrous Shootout, I was wanting to run the Limited Street class but rules say No Wheely Bars an I won't run without em an spray my car any more. Maybe I'll look into a index class too if we can still sign up, they are a great bunch down there an I'd like to support em an get car counts up, it might help change things for the better for local racers if the expand into HeadsUp an index's.

#10 ·
We will be there with the Pro Mod Class!! We look forward to seeing everyone!

#13 ·
we'll be there..few buddies too..

I e-mailed them about the dates..Columbus website dates are wrong on their calendar..
it is actually friday and saturday..10th and 11th..
they also said there'd be a test and tune on friday..and that it wouldn't be as much as
the $100 that Indy charged..
hell..Indy shoulda paid those guys to blow their tires off for that thing..

here are the links..:
http://www.nhra.com/multimedia/unleashed.aspx

http://www.nationaltrailraceway.com/apcm/templates/schedule.asp?articleid=17791&zoneid=45&navsource=Track%20Schedule

#24 ·
we went to the indy event... ran the 9.0 class with a 85 camaro that my buddy was driving.... had playing card designed vinyl wrap on it....

we preregistered for the race... upon getting there and the people at the gate not saying we had to of been registered... said they were allowing drive ins.... the only reason u would need to do it is to save u a spot cause they only take 64 cars... now will they actually draw 64 cars for 9.0? who knows but i doubt it... be safe and just preregister to cover your ass.. hope the 9.0 class at columbus isnt full of cars that look like promods or nostalgia prostreet nmca vehicles.

#26 ·
haha same with us... stock suspended 85 camaro... 525 bbc on a small plate... 29 x 10.5 and we were racing against cars that looked like quain stotts promod and jim jarretts nps camaro... it was a joke... there was one other stock suspension car there with us... a nmra oc mustang... great guy... but the fact that it was overwhelmed with alot of bracket cars killed it.... it needs to be all heads up cars... in my opinion...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.