Yellow Bullet Forums banner

8.90 index @ thompson raceway 2010

30K views 589 replies 58 participants last post by  carguy68 
#1 ·
is anyone interested- this will be shakedown rules - limited rules and regulations

this will be held at ASPHALT WARS on sat

#74 ·
quite a bit really... not ones that have full interiors and crap like that, schiberl, wotring, that lil purple colt when he's not spinning on the return roads, a yellow chevyll, are ones that come to mind, so think that could be easy to fill... but heads up would be cool to try, why?

#83 ·
i was thinking if the 8.90 dont fly maybe a 9.90 or 10.00 or 9.50 i dont know we will just have to wait and see! its hard to put something like this together when you dont know whos blowing bubbles? and whos not? but like klink said we need to shit or get off the pot!

#85 ·
I have to think that a 9.90/10.00(which i know i could run those numbers)with very limited rules, like maybe a weight index, any combo...would be easy to fill and have a big interest... all those rules bout interiors, and frame notching... stock suspension, then I dont see many people building new combos or making radical changes to their junk to run a class that may or may not happen; I mean If we all way the same, or close to it for sbc vs bb, spray, na, turbo, and we all can run the number then what difference does it make... id say every one has close to the same chance then,,,jmho!

#86 ·
I'm thinking 8.90 might be too fast. That's approaching the quick 8 door cars. I know there's a TON of guys riding the 10.0 area. I think a 9.5 or a 9.9/10.0 e.t. would include more people that already show up. On the other hand, if an 8.9 field is set, it could attract some of those kind of cars though that might not otherwise come to TRP...

#87 ·
I'll be there to run the class if its a 8.90 index, no offense Cooke but I'm not sure there would be alot of interest in a 10.00 index class full of bracket cars. I think if the payout is worth it and the rules aren't real limiting there shouldn't be any problem attracting enough cars to build a 8.90 class. If the word gets out Thompson could possibly attract cars from Pittsburgh, Quaker City and some of the other surrounding areas. Shit Nasty Nova drives all the way from New York to run at Norwalk. And I think the cool thing about the Heads up/ index racing is it attracts cars from different areas that wouldn't normally come to a particular track and race. Whatever class it ends up being I hope its successful because bracket racing sucks.

#88 ·
If ya cant get the local racers appeased to do you real think any one is going to travel...prime example is Norwalk to milan.

If we're all runing heads up, all out what difference if they cars out of the bracket ranks vs your street assasin cars? just have weight set that we have to meet...what is the big deal, i can see why there is some much trouble getting this to gether... rules for this, rules for that, not for that etc, etc,....just my .02, good luck with that...

#89 ·
I don't think allot of the guys come from Milan for a couple of reasons, 1 the payout is more and 2 its a points series. I'm sure Norwalks program is going to grow its just gonna take time like Milans did, and I'm sure Thompsons will be the same its gonna take awhile for it to grow. If they go with a 8.90 index good for me if they go with a 10.00 index good for you, what ever they decide is fine with me.

#94 ·
Jay with all the whining/bitching that has been done and Norwalk has not changed any of the rules that are being bitched about..." they let this guy run, wouldn't let me run, blah, blah", do you really believe that? Let me rephrase that... are we supposed to believe that?
TRP, this year had one of the best hooking tracks for the door wars guys this season. Yet, they had nights were they only had maybe 10 cars and not much more and 1 dragster, with, correct me if I am wrong, the same payday as NRP?
I think that if you made it the rules VERY simple, that some very nice, "bracket cars", could and would remove their electronics, make the index a lil softer, you would start out with a good class, good fields. Then as some one stated earlier, as the class grew, grow the rules to that 8.90, street appearing BS, small tire/radial or whatever you guys want. As Long As the bracket guys know in the beginning that this is the intent, it wouldn't be that big of issue them getting bumped out as class, rules, and fields progress... Just being realistic in the fact that if local racers cant support it, the guys traveling wont be either. I dont know many nights you have been out to TRP, but it will never be about packing the seats, filling with fans like Milans.
Not busting on you or any place, just being realistic...Good Luck with this guys...FordRules:

#92 ·
...well good luck with that, will be just another nite to watch ang would hope it will not end up like the dragster side of the asphalt wars...realisticly i see about 12-14 cars coming out for that, throw in a threat of rain, and will be lucky to have 6-8; maybe this needs to be like a frantic four type field in the beginning with a healthy payout...

#93 ·
it took a while to convince all the door war cars to all show up but now it seems they cant get enough of thompson. there will be plenty of cars show up i think. it just needs to get promoted and you will have a good car count. and it needs to stay street appearing heads up no matter if its 8.90 9.90 or 10.0 and no electronics and like al said there is no scales so weight limits can not be checked .

#97 ·
COOK E, there already is a 8.90, 9.90, 10.90 program for 'super class cars that runs in columbus. This is for 'street appearing cars without all the electronic gear, thats the appeal to the racers and fans. Norwalk has had pathetic fields due to restrictive rules and poor treatment. Many of these racers were displaced from the GOLD/SILVER format NRP ran and want to race still.

#131 ·
COOK E, there already is a 8.950, 9.90, 10.90 program for 'super class cars that runs in columbus. This is for 'street appearing cars without all the electronic gear, thats the appeal to the racers and fans. Norwalk has had pathetic fields due to restrictive rules and poor treatment. Many of these racers were displaced from the GOLD/SILVER format NRP ran and want to race still.
I understand that Tom, I am talking no electroncis, and not columbus,no box, stutter box, t stops, air & electric shifters, Just a t brake and a 2 step and thats it... Stuff thats is easy to remove....Hell, I even take the stickers off for that matter... Honestly, I can already see the rulles getting resrtictive on this...

#100 ·
My interest is to have an index class for street appearing cars. As always happens in drag racing what started as a class with a big car count dwindled because the competitive bar was raised beyond the means of most racers. A lot of us interested are displaced from some sort of Heads Up Street Car class. I for one can't afford to keep up with the fast crowd in OL 10.5 using a car once competitive in a NA Small Block heads up NSCA series. The RAM series is the only thing out there and it's too far to travel, our stuff is too small for Milan, with weight adders we can't cut it there. We'd just like to go someplace close to home. A relatively fast index (8.90 here, 8.50 on the East Coast) provides a place for those who grew up in the "street car" catagories. The cars look cool, wheelie and run on the edge, no stuttering, fluttering bracket shit, it's an excellent package for the right promoter. And with an index, unlike the unlimited catagories, if you're not fast enough now you know what you have to build toward, and the bar doesn't change.

#101 ·
my car fits the whole street car theme to a tee! need a little more power to run 8.90s but it will! i know everyone wants the street car them but,i think 8.90 is 8.90 as long as there are no electronics involved, for the tree or down track,then f-it open it up to any street apearing car! as long as the windows roll up and down thats thats good for me! big tire little tire ,turbo nos who cares 8.90 and for all the small tire cars on here you will feel even better when you stomp a big tires ass! the only problem with chaos is number of cars, and billys not willing to comprimise! like tom said all the silver and gold cars are ass out now! i think that we pick a sat early in the spring round everyone from this site up who said they are willing to come to trp, run our gamblers show curtis that we mean buisness then we will know if its worth getting a sponsor or if we have the same lame turnout as nrp! either your in or you shut your dick lickers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.