Yellow Bullet Forums banner

July 3rd RENEGADE RACING

27K views 477 replies 67 participants last post by  Leavinsteven 
#1 ·
Sunday!!…Sunday!!…Sunday!!…July 3rd at Thompson Raceway Park in Thompson, Oh, marks the running of the Independence Eve Explosion. The Renegade Racing Association will be back in action supporting “The King of Quake” Bob Motz. The series caters to street-type vehicles with 2 heads-up style index classes and 1 heads-up class pitting drag radial tires vs. true 10 inch tires. The RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION has grown in popularity with both fans and its competitors due to its close 'Heads-up style' racing and the excitement of street racing [though now held at the track]. The July 3rd race is held in conjunction with TRP's normal bracket racing program and FIREWORKS.

MORE CASH AND MORE PRIZES UP FOR GRABS

WHO'S IN????

#315 ·
We should be testing Shepherd's pile. Will be a good test session for you 10.50 and 8.90 guys if you're interested.

#322 ·
If it is a weight issue we will weigh him on the 23td. Chassis car can't help you there you guys made those rules or bent the rules.Gerry your always saying what you want which is great for the RRA it gives me something to laugh at when were slow at work.

#323 ·
Chassis cars can only run in the 8.90 class I was told plus I would have to spray the shit out to run 8.90 I would have add 75 lbs to make 3000 so thats not a problem. I'm doing real good in the points so until I sell this car and buy a back half car its fun to meet everyone one and help the RRA.

#324 ·
i dont care about the chassis cars - all im asking is you make it a rule or not -let them all in then we will have 30-40-50 cars and the winner will get $1000-$1500 instead of $600

i say let them all in i dont give 2 shits - but dont ask me to police it

a light weight chassi car will react much quicker then a car like mine and if you dont believe that well maybe you should sell your car and buy one like mine and see what i mean

#327 ·
I was going to say, I have seen the rules when I wanted to see them on the website. Maybe some guys just cant read. I didnt think chassis cars were allowed other than backhalf.

#329 ·
Can i show up and watch testing for free :cool: lol

#330 ·
Tom I will have to say and not singling Gerry out on this but it is funny how the Mustang Crowd with all there "Bolt-on Stock Location BS" is ok but god for bid someone else with a camaro or Nova changes something its a violation.Anyways I have only made the one race and things look to be equal ccross the board... I think if someone was dominating the class with reaction(Light weight car) or what ever and the car was questionable in some way you guys would address the issue.I can see Gerrys Point where a rule is bent to allow another racer to race but other similar cars maybe turned away.Not sure if that has happened or not but I see he saying that it could arise.I dont have the answer nor do I want to even think I could.So far things look like there on an even playing field so keep up the great work.IMO you have to run a number reguardless of what car you have,so unless someones cars is killing them with stupid reaction times then it might be something to look into otherwise you have to know your shit or go home :)

#364 ·
Tom I will have to say and not singling Gerry out on this but it is funny how the Mustang Crowd with all there "Bolt-on Stock Location BS" is ok but god for bid someone else with a camaro or Nova changes something its a violation.Anyways I have only made the one race and things look to be equal ccross the board... I think if someone was dominating the class with reaction(Light weight car) or what ever and the car was questionable in some way you guys would address the issue.I can see Gerrys Point where a rule is bent to allow another racer to race but other similar cars maybe turned away.Not sure if that has happened or not but I see he saying that it could arise.I dont have the answer nor do I want to even think I could.So far things look like there on an even playing field so keep up the great work.IMO you have to run a number reguardless of what car you have,so unless someones cars is killing them with stupid reaction times then it might be something to look into otherwise you have to know your shit or go home :)
Except for my Mustang,still has the stock 4 cylinder springs,controll arms and K-Member in the front with Koni Struts.Back stock 4 cylinder springs,adjustable upper and lower control arms,anti-roll bar and Strange shocks.I guess you could either call me a cheap ass or a poor boy.:p:p:p

Later Mark.

#331 · (Edited)
i did tom pm you but as usual you refuse to pm me back so -with all you fucking and fucking andf fucking im cool with all of it thanks for clearing it up tom

have a fucking good day :smt097

and secong of all the certain gentelmen that came up to you rick isnt part of our group -so so we are clear on that

#332 ·
I tried to personnally call you after your pm to discuss this however you didn't pick up the phone, and as far as the certain gentleman goes your buddy Mike totally claimed him and "apologized that he was drunk 12 beers ago and that he means well"

#335 ·
I think everbody should be happy to have a place to race and people like RRA for making it happen, thanks tom and crew.if its index and you cant run faster I think weight is a non factor,its all on the driver to have a good light

About the best post or reply from a guy i've seen fucking period!!

It's a damn index race to 8.90 !!!! Hey Tom just take the rules book and throw it aside and post for the class:

If its got :

a motor,,4 wheels,,2 or 4 doors,,a set of sissy bars out back,, and no stickers.. you should be fine then for rules..:p:p

Between gerry and cooke both bitchin , i dont know whos thong got pulled harder...

#336 · (Edited)
gerry you really know how to ruin a good thing! tom cowle is the best thing that could ever happen to us racers. and before we let you get under his skin and get disgusted with all this like he is, you will get the boot!!! you guys killed outlaw street by bitching, you will not kill rra the same way. why dont you and your BUDDYS, take some lessons from our founding fathers of this organization and have some class!!!!! win with class! and loose with class!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.