Yellow Bullet Forums banner

July 3rd RENEGADE RACING

27K views 477 replies 67 participants last post by  Leavinsteven 
#1 ·
Sunday!!…Sunday!!…Sunday!!…July 3rd at Thompson Raceway Park in Thompson, Oh, marks the running of the Independence Eve Explosion. The Renegade Racing Association will be back in action supporting “The King of Quake” Bob Motz. The series caters to street-type vehicles with 2 heads-up style index classes and 1 heads-up class pitting drag radial tires vs. true 10 inch tires. The RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION has grown in popularity with both fans and its competitors due to its close 'Heads-up style' racing and the excitement of street racing [though now held at the track]. The July 3rd race is held in conjunction with TRP's normal bracket racing program and FIREWORKS.

MORE CASH AND MORE PRIZES UP FOR GRABS

WHO'S IN????

#245 ·
WOW that would be the best word to Tom and all the people and racers for the event on sunday, there were so many people there to watch the races that when you look down both sides of the track it was wall to wall people watch. you all should be proud of the show the renegades put on!!!!!

#246 ·
well put skip i had a absolute blast words can not decribe how much fun it was it was extra cool for me my dad was in town and came up to give a hand with the my clutch I am still fighting a fuel issue i will have it figured out for the next race it was super cool coming up the return road getting all the thumbs up i can not wait till the next race !

#249 ·
Once Again, Thanks to the racers, the fans, and all the people who help make these races happen...

10.50 Highlights and Recap

We had an impressive 24 cars battling for the top 16 spots, when the qualifying dust settled Ed Dominiak held down the TI Dyno #1 Qualifying Spot with a 10.51. The next 5 cars were also in the 10.50's and the 16th qualifier ran a 10.75. The elimination rounds were some of the closest races the series has ever seen, with margins of victory of less than .002. The semi-finalists were Jim Loveland, Jack Brown, Mike Walker, and Ed Dominiak. The finals boiled down to a classic Chevy vs. Ford (Car vs. Truck) match-up, Ed Dominiak with his 1969 Camaro defeated Jack Brown's 1980 Ford F-100. Jack broke out handing the victory to Ed, who also claimed the Ashtabularacing.com “Assassin” money for his wire to wire victory, as well as the E-Z Plate Systems bonus cash. Since the victory actually came of the 4th of July it was extra sweet for Ed and his proud family ~ Ed is a U.S. Armed Forces Veteran.

We also held a bonus race for the 10.50 racers who fell short of qualifying for the top 16 spots. 8 racers fought hard through their eliminations, and the finals came down to Chris Hyatt with his wheel standing, stick shifted 1964 Nova defeating Ed Corcino's 1979 Malibu.

Shearer-Fab 8.90 Highlights and Recap

We had a full field of 16 racers who kept the crowd entertained late into the night, wrapping up our final round shortly after 1:00 am on the 4th. The Chumley Motorsports #1 Qualifier was our very own webmaster, Ray Litz and his turbo-charged Firebird, running an 8.91. The top 6 qualifiers were all under 9.06, and anchoring the #16 spot was Brian Chumley with a 9.68. The elimination rounds were filled with several tight finishes and narrow margins of victory. The semi-finalists were Paul Suloff, Ray Litz, Gary Moore, and Al Matuska. The finals came down to Paul Suloff in Big John's 1967 all motor SBC Camaro vs. Ray Litz, in a classic power adder vs. all motor final with Paul Suloff covering both ends of the track to take the win. Paul also collected the Ashtabularacing.com “Assassin” money for eliminating the #1 Qualifier. Paul took advantage of the Wright Tool deal so he will be receiving a check from Wright Tool for his victory, and Ray Litz will also receive Wright Tool runner-up money.

Street Lethal Performance Outlaw Limited Street Highlights and Recap

Don Turner takes another victory in the Street Lethal Performance Outlaw Limited Street Class as well as his second Ultratech Racecars #1 Qualifier bonus with a 5.22. The hot temperatures and the high track temps put a damper on seeing the true potential of the cars that were entered in the race, however the crowd was crazy about the displays of raw power and the drivers ability to guide their cars down the track. Dave Hinzman's Pro-Charged BBC Mustang is capable of running over 200mph, so be on the lookout Dave's return later on this season to give Don Turner's nitrous-fed big block Camaro a true run for his money.

Congratulations to all our racers!!! We are looking forward to seeing EVERYONE July 23rd at Thompson Raceway Park!!!! Thanks to Jim Curtis and his staff for having us at the track!!!

We would also like to thank all of our great sponsors who help make this series go!!!

#252 ·
To Tom Cowle and his his wife Chris CONGRATS for establishing the Renegade Association ,the people who help run it,the racers who showed up,the track for giving RRA someplace to race.I was all over the place racing and helping where I could and I heard nothing but great things RRA its going to get bigger and better.

#253 ·
Tom...just got off suicide watch a few hours ago for not lifting sooner at the top end but runner- up prize money was well spent on rehab getting cured off the "Red Bull" and 5 Hour energy...
Just like to congratulate Ed on his victory, knowing it was a Vet. on July 4th. that's GREAT!!! I commented to friends and family that the crowd "Flash Backed "to days of Sox-Dyno-Grumpy-Hutter-Booth -Evans etc. I'd like to thank RRA ,TDR and Sponsors for putting on a excellent event.

#254 ·
Tom...just got off suicide watch a few hours ago for not lifting sooner at the top end but runner- up prize money was well spent on rehab getting cured off the "Red Bull" and 5 Hour energy...
Just like to congratulate Ed on his victory, knowing it was a Vet. on July 4th. that's GREAT!!! I commented to friends and family that the crowd "Flash Backed "to days of Sox-Dyno-Grumpy-Hutter-Booth -Evans etc. I'd like to thank RRA ,TDR and Sponsors for putting on a excellent event.
great stuff Jack maybe next time we can have a all truck final congraulation!

#260 ·
guys it was a all ez-plate finals in 10.50. i told everyone who needs to slow their car down that ez-plate is the way to go .now ed is getting bonus cash from ez-plate for the victory. and paul suloff is getting bonus cash from wright tools, and from goodyear for being the last man standing on goodyears. and sponsors like chumley motorsports puts up a #1 qualifier bonus. it pays to use our sponsors products. and please use our sponsors whenever you need a part or some work. we have great sponsors putting up cash and prize bonus for you.

#268 ·
guys it was a all ez-plate finals in 10.50. i told everyone who needs to slow their car down that ez-plate is the way to go .now ed is getting bonus cash from ez-plate for the victory. and paul suloff is getting bonus cash from wright tools, and from goodyear for being the last man standing on goodyears. and sponsors like chumley motorsports puts up a #1 qualifier bonus. it pays to use our sponsors products. and please use our sponsors whenever you need a part or some work. we have great sponsors putting up cash and prize bonus for you.
I get wright tool money too Denn :cool:
Not to mention that sweet ass $100 from Chumley for the #1 qualifier

#261 ·
Denn..thanks again for the EZ Plate connection, 1st.pass with set-up plate was 10.60 in pit lane,just changed once to larger plate and went 10.508 and that's not going threw the sequence he requested so a lot more data to find out including night racing...It WORKS!!!!!

#262 ·
Ok people im a pretty mellow laid back guy but ive had enough.Not 1 racer that is racing renegade has had 1 bad thing to say about it except a few issues with some cars that needed to meet the rules.So why is it some douche bag that doesn't even have a car running with us aka( COOK-E) always has something negitive to say.Big fucking deal if someone got on the trans brake i was driving over people just trying to get in the lanes and burn out box.You are a total fuckin asswhole and i hope u never get a car for this class, cause if it was up to me i would ban you from running with us.RENEGADE is like family,in your case it's all about you so go fuck yourself. End of rant p.s please dont come in here with your b.s

#265 ·
Ok people im a pretty mellow laid back guy but ive had enough.Not 1 racer that is racing renegade has had 1 bad thing to say about it except a few issues with some cars that needed to meet the rules.So why is it some douche bag that doesn't even have a car running with us aka( COOK-E) always has something negitive to say.Big fucking deal if someone got on the trans brake i was driving over people just trying to get in the lanes and burn out box.You are a total fuckin asswhole and i hope u never get a car for this class, cause if it was up to me i would ban you from running with us.RENEGADE is like family,in your case it's all about you so go fuck yourself. End of rant p.s please dont come in here with your b.s

Don't worry that makes at least two of us that feel this way!

#264 ·
And 1 more thing if your not a crew member u shouldnt be in the staging lanes anyway, i have 2 older boys 13 and 15 i dont let then in the lanes.But yet you see people with babies in strollers walking in the lanes what are those people thinking.I know the track was under staffed but really, we all have nice cars i would go off the hook if someone went down the side of my car with a stroller.

#280 · (Edited)
Hey BADBBMONTE it was great meeting you and the wife Sunday! Love the car! Truly nice people, so I know that you must be frustrated about someone saying bad things about ANY RRA member! I am not a Thompsons racer and have only been there twice in the last 10 years but I can not find anything bad to say about the track or the people there. Class acts all the way! This is how racing should be and I can not wait to race with the RRA and I am ordering my pistons tomorrow and I hope to be out there asap!
Just had a talk with the Girlfriend and we both will be working O.T. so that we can race!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.