Yellow Bullet Forums banner

July 3rd RENEGADE RACING

27K views 477 replies 67 participants last post by  Leavinsteven 
#1 ·
Sunday!!…Sunday!!…Sunday!!…July 3rd at Thompson Raceway Park in Thompson, Oh, marks the running of the Independence Eve Explosion. The Renegade Racing Association will be back in action supporting “The King of Quake” Bob Motz. The series caters to street-type vehicles with 2 heads-up style index classes and 1 heads-up class pitting drag radial tires vs. true 10 inch tires. The RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION has grown in popularity with both fans and its competitors due to its close 'Heads-up style' racing and the excitement of street racing [though now held at the track]. The July 3rd race is held in conjunction with TRP's normal bracket racing program and FIREWORKS.

MORE CASH AND MORE PRIZES UP FOR GRABS

WHO'S IN????

#204 ·
Had a great time watching the race yesterday also. The only thing I would like to see impoved on is being able to see the cars at the starting line when it gets dark, the only way I knew who was racing is if I could hear the announcersay who was next. Gerry not a Ford guy but thats a sharp Mustang you've got it was fun talking with you Wes and his old man Russ i think his name was.

#210 ·
Thanks for posting the videos Rosco, it's tough to see all the action while you're racing, so I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate it.

Had a great time at the track, wish I would've had a better handle on the traction but I'm still learning the new suspension. Wife worked til 6 am on Saturday, we drove 3.5 hours home and had the motor in and running at 2:30 in the afternoon. Accelerator pump diaphragms had a minor drip so we drove to Summit and back to get that fixed. I decided to leave the wheelie bars at home and footbrake the car since my motor mounts were moving around from the transbrake launchs. Turns out that I had my best three 60's ever, but the car kept spinning about 100-150 ft out. Gonna do some work on it before the next race, but I'll be there for sure.

The 8.90 and 10.50 fields were awesome. I was 13th qualifier with a 9.26 I think, definitely some good racing. The crowd and turnout was unbelievable, I was really glad to see it after all the work you guys do to put the event on. Thanks to everyone involved, too many to name. It was good seeing everyone! We had a blast as usual....

#243 ·
Thanks for posting the videos Rosco, it's tough to see all the action while you're racing, so I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate it.

Had a great time at the track, wish I would've had a better handle on the traction but I'm still learning the new suspension. Wife worked til 6 am on Saturday, we drove 3.5 hours home and had the motor in and running at 2:30 in the afternoon. Accelerator pump diaphragms had a minor drip so we drove to Summit and back to get that fixed. I decided to leave the wheelie bars at home and footbrake the car since my motor mounts were moving around from the transbrake launchs. Turns out that I had my best three 60's ever, but the car kept spinning about 100-150 ft out. Gonna do some work on it before the next race, but I'll be there for sure.

The 8.90 and 10.50 fields were awesome. I was 13th qualifier with a 9.26 I think, definitely some good racing. The crowd and turnout was unbelievable, I was really glad to see it after all the work you guys do to put the event on. Thanks to everyone involved, too many to name. It was good seeing everyone! We had a blast as usual....
Nice to see you at the track having fun didn't get to talk to you.But you had us guys cracking up when you were talking about the Ohio Hillbillies with Dennis.:p:p:p

Later Mark.

#213 ·
Congrats to ya Paul. You put some nice packages together on a changing track.

Sorry to Big Charlie' Hope its an easy fix. Wouldn't be the same without you. Besides you need to bring the 50.00 dollars you owe at the next race. :p

#216 ·
People walking in the pits, driving carts and four wheelers are rediculous. They need to put an end to the people at the starting line, and also pit vehicles for spectators. If you're not with a racer you have no business on them all the time. We don't even own a cart or quad. Ask Big Charlie, I was sweating my balls off after a run over too him with some parts, haha.[/QUOTE]

I dont mind the people at the starting line, Even if its a pain to get around them at times. Reminds me of the Ole O.S. days at Norwalk.

#221 · (Edited)
I was at Norwalk years ago when a Nostalgia slingshot dragsters throttle stuck wide open after the burnout in the righthand lane. He shot up the right hand lane, AVOIDED the car in front of him at the starting line by turning right and into the open area where people always stand by the broken car return road. Good thing it had been cleared out and there were only a few people near him! It would have been a disaster IF people had been there as usual.

Do what Chevydude has done in the past at NRP.... if they won't move...RUN OVER THEIR FOOT! They will move the next time. LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.