Yellow Bullet Forums banner

July 3rd RENEGADE RACING

27K views 477 replies 67 participants last post by  Leavinsteven 
#1 ·
Sunday!!…Sunday!!…Sunday!!…July 3rd at Thompson Raceway Park in Thompson, Oh, marks the running of the Independence Eve Explosion. The Renegade Racing Association will be back in action supporting “The King of Quake” Bob Motz. The series caters to street-type vehicles with 2 heads-up style index classes and 1 heads-up class pitting drag radial tires vs. true 10 inch tires. The RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION has grown in popularity with both fans and its competitors due to its close 'Heads-up style' racing and the excitement of street racing [though now held at the track]. The July 3rd race is held in conjunction with TRP's normal bracket racing program and FIREWORKS.

MORE CASH AND MORE PRIZES UP FOR GRABS

WHO'S IN????

#167 ·
Nice race day for you guys, glad to see you guys had a good turnout! Glad to see that setting your transbrake in crowed staging lanes keeps enough heat in the converter for the win... Sorry that kind of crap should get anyone an immediate DQ and or removal from the track... No matter what kind of class you may be running....

#170 ·
I would like to thank Tom and his crew for putting on the race.First race I made and I had I GREAT time.Would like to thank them for putting a second ladder up for us slower guys to run together.I got some much needed practice on the tree and finally was getting the hang of the pro tree by first round.Treed both my guys and should of been iin the finals of the low bracket but never raced at thompson in the dark before..(only 3rd time ever there) and I lifted WAY To early after covering my guy to lose so no one to blame but the driver just misjudged where I was at.

It was great meeting some new people talked alot with eddie (BBMonte)and Mike smith.Great group!!!Nice meeting Denny also and a few others.I wont be here for the 23rd but will be ready to go in August and by then will have some more runs on car with the tune up so I will be able to make the cut next race (I Hope) LOL Was a tight field for sure next race ought to be even better Congrats too all the winners.

#177 ·
hey cooke, some of us were taking bets on who would be the first to come on here and try to trash the great race we had yesterday. and guess who my money was on? yep you you f-ing tool! i dont agree with dry hops or testing t-brakes in the pits either but...i would go to that person and let him know how i feel about it or let the head of staging know. why didnt you say anything to us last night? you just want to try and trash everything rra does. take the chip off your shoulder before someone ends up knocking it off!

#178 ·
I want to thank KoolRayz Ray Litz for being a class act taking me to the track to experience the renagade racing.Ray must have got home about 4am coming from mansfield to race but it was with a smile as he had more maney when he left the track.he did a great job as did many others racing.Thanks!

#182 ·
ANYWAYS............. What a great race! The cars were clean, the track was crowded and the RENEGADES (and Motz) were Top billed/Stars of the show! When they called the Gades I heard people say "Ohhh, the Renegades are about to race, lets go watch!" It was a mad dash to the fences, and to good spots on the bridge!
Man, I see a bright future for the Renegades! Move over ADRL and NHRA, Here come the Renegades!

#183 ·
shearer fab 8.90 points series results for the july 3rd race. ray litz earned 1 extra point for #1 qualifer

paul suloff-12
ray litz-11
al matuska-7
gary moore-7
big charlie-6
larry reese-6
jim getsy-6
gerry penn-6
don turner jr 5
brian chumley -5
bob getsy-5

.........................................................................................

2011 points standings after two races.

al matuska-19
paul suloff-18
big charlie-16
gary moore-13
gerry penn-12
don turner-11
larry reese-11
ray litz -11
brian chumley-10
jim getsy-6
bob getsy-5
jamal merriweather-5

#188 ·
Alan Mckinstry, lost his brakes... Hes ok but car is lost end of trp is not where you want to be with no brakes...cage and safety equipment worked a designed....and that what matters...

#190 ·
was there yesterday,kickass show tried to stick around for the final was just way to tired plus my 13 year old was on his last breath after 3 day an 3 2am arrival at home(quaker fri,.sat all day then thompson yesterday)he had enough!who was the guy in the gray procharged mustang that could'nt get it hooked to the track!that was one PISSED OFF CAR NOT TO MENTION THE DRIVER ALSO!

#192 ·
And paul, thanks and respect to you for coming back and admitting it was you... we all as racers have done something at one time that want maybe the brightest, sure we can all agree that no matter where we are racing, stuff like that needs to be addressed, and if the track don't police safety rules, we as racers need to ... No matter what class or association...And for any one who has everraced at trp, its pretty obvious they are pretty lax with rules and safety, just like a lot of other"down home" track s I'm sure...

#197 · (Edited)
I ended up getting alot more video than I thought yesterday. left alot on the cutting room floor. This is still real long at about 7 minutes. Just didn't have the heart to cut any more out. This is all of the first round plus some from the time trials.

I went out in the semi final. Didn't leave until about 2:20AM. That was a long, but fun day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYtARJTjE8

#203 ·
AWESOME VIDEO ROSCO
Congrats to Paul (viperakron) on beating me in the finals what a great racer! There is no beating a guy with a .05 total package.
Big thanks to all that make the race so great! So many hard working people made it a GREAT SHOW!

#205 · (Edited)
Thanks Ray the feeling is mutual! Your car is a true poster child for the class. All the credit for my (our) performance goes to Big John, who owns the car (since 1971) and Tom Brewer. They have set up the package to whatever conditions we race in. I simply must do my job and leave first and trust the tune up> They haven't failed me yet. It's amazing what they can do with an all motor SBC.

A big appreciation for all those who pitch in when the rest of us are racing. It's a family, we all need to get involved. This race was the best yet, every racer I've deal with or raced is top notch and totally professional, you can't ask for a better butch of guys. We need positive feedback to show sponsors!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.