Yellow Bullet Forums banner

July 3rd RENEGADE RACING

27K views 477 replies 67 participants last post by  Leavinsteven 
#1 ·
Sunday!!…Sunday!!…Sunday!!…July 3rd at Thompson Raceway Park in Thompson, Oh, marks the running of the Independence Eve Explosion. The Renegade Racing Association will be back in action supporting “The King of Quake” Bob Motz. The series caters to street-type vehicles with 2 heads-up style index classes and 1 heads-up class pitting drag radial tires vs. true 10 inch tires. The RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION has grown in popularity with both fans and its competitors due to its close 'Heads-up style' racing and the excitement of street racing [though now held at the track]. The July 3rd race is held in conjunction with TRP's normal bracket racing program and FIREWORKS.

MORE CASH AND MORE PRIZES UP FOR GRABS

WHO'S IN????

#414 ·
bracket racing is gayer than male tennis:-gay

milan has there last sat show on oct 1 if that matters.

#426 ·
disagree 100%! index racing would take the place of it.:) this is how it was back twenty years ago.

#423 · (Edited)
I knew my pistons were not really good nitrous pistons due to location of top ring land. I was told not to spray more than 250-275 shot. I sprayed about 200 last Sunday and either raised a ring land or burned a hole but I have almost no compression on #1 cylinder. I can say it ran 9.01 on 7 cylinders though. I may just wait and buy a new set of nitrous pistons so I won't have to be afraid to hit it. I will be there to support any way I can. I still say this is the most fun I've had in 25 years of drag racing. Just a great group of people to race with!
WOW MY 500 POST!

#427 ·
I knew my pistons were not really good nitrous pistons due to location of top ring land. I was told not to spray more than 250-275 shot.
I'd be more worried about what type of ring set you were running more than the top ring land...;);)

#434 ·
Just my 2 cents, I think we should rethink the double bulb rule. If ya get doubled bulbed just sit there, track guy will back the other guy out. More than half the time the other guy goes in anyways. Just seeing what you guys think.

#437 ·
my first round i bumped it in and the light flickered! afterwards i was told if i light them both im disqualified. so i took my time getting in the beams. i lit the 2nd bulb and before i could get the car on the two step he activated the tree! so thats why my .54 got beat by a .66 and i also dumped too early! but the point is if the double bulb rule is going to stand, then someone needs to tell the starter to slow his roll !!!

#440 ·
When a driver double bulbs, the starters first move should be to the other driver and tell him to hold. Then go to the offender and back him out. Then they can both start the staging process over. The starter needs to know his first move has to be to the car that has not pre-staged.

#441 ·
From what I seen there were a lot of guys going in and double bulbing. Starter was good about backing them out, but I though he was pretty fast on the tree, some guys I think just were getting on their t-brake and it was down. I know it was a new guy and not Denny too, maybe that was the difference.

#445 ·
From what I seen there were a lot of guys going in and double bulbing. Starter was good about backing them out, but I though he was pretty fast on the tree, some guys I think just were getting on their t-brake and it was down. I know it was a new guy and not Denny too, maybe that was the difference.
he was even told to slow down. im not complaining about the starter it was new to him, i just happen to be the first pair out so im sure he slowed down after the first couple sets of cars. i know better because of running pro-tree all last summer. but it is new to most of the 10.50 racers they just need a little practice on the whole heads up deal!

#446 ·
As far as my tune up being off, I will lay it out. 73 Nitrous jet, 67 Gas jet in a Speedtech shower head plate. According to there paperwork that's about a 200 shot. 24 degrees timing. 5.2 lbs fuel pressure on the nitrous side. I'm going to pull the head off tomorrow.

#448 ·
charlie after my oil pump shaft isue and oh the head gasket issue - dig deep biatch - your the only reason i made it back - so chop fucking chop

#459 ·
Seemed like autostart to me. After second person is in it should only be a one second delay. you guys are cracking me up. I can stage my turbo car in the alotted time and you have trouble on motor :smt082:smt082:smt082

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.