Yellow Bullet Forums banner

July 3rd RENEGADE RACING

27K views 477 replies 67 participants last post by  Leavinsteven 
#1 ·
Sunday!!…Sunday!!…Sunday!!…July 3rd at Thompson Raceway Park in Thompson, Oh, marks the running of the Independence Eve Explosion. The Renegade Racing Association will be back in action supporting “The King of Quake” Bob Motz. The series caters to street-type vehicles with 2 heads-up style index classes and 1 heads-up class pitting drag radial tires vs. true 10 inch tires. The RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION has grown in popularity with both fans and its competitors due to its close 'Heads-up style' racing and the excitement of street racing [though now held at the track]. The July 3rd race is held in conjunction with TRP's normal bracket racing program and FIREWORKS.

MORE CASH AND MORE PRIZES UP FOR GRABS

WHO'S IN????

#143 ·
Dude, I don't have to tell ya what is being said. Pretty sure you got a good idea since you were the one spouting off to every one... Now why you keep running your jaws to other people about stuff you know nothing about is beyond me... guess you need ask your self this ?"who were you spouting of to?, answer that and you'll know what was being said... Maybe if you ask nicely, I can introduce you to somebody..tomorrow

#144 ·
Dude, I don't have to tell ya what is being said. Pretty sure you got a good idea since you were the one spouting off to every one... Now why you keep running your jaws to other people about stuff you know nothing about is beyond me... guess you need ask your self this ?"who were you spouting of to?, answer that and you'll know what was being said... Maybe if you ask nicely, I can introduce you to somebody..tomorrow
Still do not know what you are talking about? Be a man and just tell me on hear or call me. Have no clue. I sent you my number in the pm.

#145 ·
REMEMBER...

Tell the gate 'RENEGADE RACING' Pay your 50.00

Sign in at the RENEGADE RACING booth

All cars must run the required 'CLASS DESIGNATION' decal [we got'em 2.00]

We will get called to the lanes by class [be ready, don't drag your feet]

If you break or can not race, let us know

LETS HAVE A GOOD TIME AND ENJOY OUR COUNTRY'S BIRTHDAY

#155 ·
I wanna apologize for snapping I don't blame engine Guy completely its a result of many issues. I was told to pull 4 degrees of timing instead of 6-8 didn't know that the progressive controller worked the way it does. So I blame.my self.
third thing is having a closed looped water system I'm sure didn't help in the contributing factor

I was wrong for saying what I said about my engine builder. Its not right to air dirty shit until I know the facts. I can't change it nor take it back. All I can do is say sorry

#157 ·
Race Results will be posted later today...Got home at 2:00 am after an AWESOME day at the track. We don't want to let the morning get away without taking a moment to post some major thank you's. Ray Tumbry you saved the day with the easy-up, and it gave us a chance to hang with the birthday girl!! Tom Hyatt of course for all the hospitality and tech support, Lori thank you for attempting to man the fort in our absences while we were in the lanes with our racers. Chris Klink, Ed Dobias, and Blain thank you for all the help with directing traffic, lining up the cars, also Ed thanks for the neverending Yogi-Bear picnic basket, and taxi service for the day!! Denny for working the points, and helping out. Skippy and Kelly what do we say...you were in 110% yesterday - THANKS AGAIN!! Everyone really stepped up and showed what it means to be a part of Renegade Racing, so if we did not thank you by name please do not think your efforts go unnoticed.

Of course a big thanks to all our sponsors, and supporters...

Oh and my wife loves the fact that thanks to Don Turner, she and I are now planning a "special date night" - Thank you!!

#196 ·
Race Results will be posted later today...Got home at 2:00 am after an AWESOME day at the track. We don't want to let the morning get away without taking a moment to post some major thank you's. Ray Tumbry you saved the day with the easy-up, and it gave us a chance to hang with the birthday girl!! Tom Hyatt of course for all the hospitality and tech support, Lori thank you for attempting to man the fort in our absences while we were in the lanes with our racers. Chris Klink, Ed Dobias, and Blain thank you for all the help with directing traffic, lining up the cars, also Ed thanks for the neverending Yogi-Bear picnic basket, and taxi service for the day!! Denny for working the points, and helping out. Skippy and Kelly what do we say...you were in 110% yesterday - THANKS AGAIN!! Everyone really stepped up and showed what it means to be a part of Renegade Racing, so if we did not thank you by name please do not think your efforts go unnoticed.

Of course a big thanks to all our sponsors, and supporters...

Oh and my wife loves the fact that thanks to Don Turner, she and I are now planning a "special date night" - Thank you!!
Tom you guys did a great job yesterday!!! Was great to see racers that couldn't run step up and help out!!! Only draw back I seen was it seemed as if the track was rushing you guys a bit. Hopefully it was just the crammed pack show they were running. All did a wonderful job and I am proud to be apart of it!!! Thanks again Tom and to all who bust their ass to make the RRA!!!

#244 ·
X2,I have been to Thompson a bunch of times but have never seen as many cars and spectators as Sunday.I just wish evey Renegade race was on Sunday so i could make it to them.:p:p:p
Working Tuesday-Saturday 2nd shift sucks especially on Saturday's when i know you guys are at Thompson racing.Also great car count 16 cars in 8.90 class and 24 cars in the 10.50 class.Hopefully next year i can make some races in the 10.50 class.

Later Mark.

#159 ·
Once again the wife and i had a great time.We want to thank everyone that works their butts off all day to make this happen.Great car count yest.we thought it was pretty cool that you put together a second ladder for the guys that didn't make the quick 16,as you said before you want to give everyone a chance to race and that you did.And i think the # system worked out great.The silver 69 z and i got paired up once again,i got him last week he got me this week i have no clue where the 10:45 came from but that was the best 60ft this car has ever got.As they say next time my friend next time lol.LEAVENSTEVEN/CHEVEYDUDE/BOWTIETHUNDER nice meeting you guys.And to all the racers thank u for supporting the classes.

#160 · (Edited)
^^^^^^^^^Hey it was nice meeting you guys also! That was only the second Renegade race I have ever attended and it was great! I am hooked! I am going out to work on the Chevelle right now, even though I have a lot of family and friends coming over!
Great meeting Tom and Crystal again and thanks for the shirts and stickers, even though I haven't race with the Renegades...YET! First class people and program!

#161 · (Edited)
we also had a great time :) im sneaking up on the tune -dont need more issues :( had some awsome racing

tom i dont know if its possible or not but it sure would be awsome if some how we could seperate the classes - as a racer cant watch a damn thing when you call us all up at pretty much same time -

the only time i can watch is when i lose :(

to much going on to try and work on car & sign autographs :) lots of people stop over and wanna chat about the class

im sure alot of us wouls agree on it -

had an awsome time :)

#162 ·
awesome race yesterday fellas! glad we had a real good turnout. every race the fields get tighter and tighter. congrats to paul suloff you were on your game yesterday! and to chicos father in law, not sure of his name. and a big thanks to tom his wife and all the people who pitched in to make the race go off without a hitch. its takes a hell of alot of time and effort to put this race on, and we are grateful to everyone who helps out.

#166 ·
Tom I will have my ezup on the 23rd but tbd next time I will bring my barn fan.Dennis thanks for the pit spot .We can't ask for a better group of racers.if I can't figure out these ezplates iam going to shoot my car.LOL my 10.42 in the first round of the gamblers race was better l am tired of running 10.70's in qualifing. I need more than six runs on my plates I guess.congrats to ed for his 10.50 win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.