Yellow Bullet Forums banner

New house, new pool VID

4K views 49 replies 42 participants last post by  stonedzee1 
#1 ·
#6 ·
WOW! that sucks bigtime! I wonder if the outrigger on the crane was faulty or if the operator just stretched too much weight too far..

#10 ·
dont matter the guy exdended the crane to far out and to low,you could see it was going to happen,as the angle and lengtrh was all wrong right after they went farther back...............

#9 ·
WOW guess the the hydro couldnt handle the weight at that far reach that sucks

#20 ·
I would really like to see the load chart on that crane. I have never used one that size, but I used to inspect some 44 ton and smaller units and some of them you could turn over with the weight of the boom alone if you boomed down too far when boomed out all the way.

#26 ·
Definetly operator error, if you look towards the end of the video you can see him start scoping out more. Any time we make a lift out in the open like that you have the crane set up for what you need at the start. IE. You know you need to reach 150ft, so you already have 200 ft of boom out there. I can almost guarantee he scoped out of to make it good, but went to boom down which threw his ass out of his working limit, and into the window!

#27 ·
Definetly operator error, if you look towards the end of the video you can see him start scoping out more. Any time we make a lift out in the open like that you have the crane set up for what you need at the start. IE. You know you need to reach 150ft, so you already have 200 ft of boom out there. I can almost guarantee he scoped out of to make it good, but went to boom down which threw his ass out of his working limit, and into the window!
Just enough to get a little bounce in the straps. He was definetely dicked out too far/ too low also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.