Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Mustang II front suspension swap questions

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  fishing fool 
#1 ·
I'm looking at swapping a Mustang II front suspension into my 67 Fairlane street/ strip car .
What I like about it is I can buy lowering springs, drop spindles, aftermarket brakes along with other stuff. I also like that it would give me more room in the engine bay along with a cleaner look when you pop the hood.

I've heard that it would ride & drive better as well.

My questions here are this.
Have any of you'll done this?
Does it really ride & drive better?
Was it worth the cost?
Would you do it again?

Pipe in with anything else you can think of as well.

#2 ·
I have a " bolt on " heidts mII front end on my nova , my car does ride nice but I you plan on putting any power to the ground youll need to modify it as mustang II front ends don't have shit for front end travel , get a hold of TRZ motorsports on here they make a cup that allows you to use a coil over and gives you the front end travel back , or see if smithracecraft makes a strut front end for your year of car hope this helps good luck on your build

#7 ·
Nope not a problem but you will be spending more money. The lower control arm for the coil over will not have the spring seat plus it has a bigger cross bolt for the lower mounting bolt.

Do it again-yes
Ride-great (compared to a straight axle)

As said above do the conversion with the spring cups from TRZ.

#6 ·
*I've done it.

*100% better driving quality compared to shock tower steering box cars.

*Yes

*Yes

I am a salesman for Rod & Custom Motorsports Inc. Let me know when your ready to Purchase a front end. I'll give you drop spindles and drilled and slotted rotors at no extra charge.

#9 ·
here is a close up on my nova .... TRZ makes the cup , you can get ahold of them on here or email them , you'll need to tell them what lower a-arm your using ( bolt or mount ) it's an f-body cup and a strange single adjustable coil over spring

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.