Yellow Bullet Forums banner

The Stock Eliminator thread

143K views 452 replies 112 participants last post by  69 Judge 
#1 ·
I have loved Stock for quite some time, and there isn't much talk about it here on YB, so all Stock racers please chime in! Thanks!

#13 ·
Stock Eliminator is my favorite class in all forms of drag racing.
Yes, 98 % of the time it is glorified bracket racing, but the cars look cool without goofy hoodscoops, wings and crap like that on them.

We are building a 95 Mustang GT for IHRA Pure Stock for next year. I found out about the local Stock/Super Stock combo races around here and watched one this year.
The manual trans cars are awesome to watch ! High RPM gear bangin' . Cool.
I can't afford to bang gears, so ours will be slushbox.

Reactions: larrydavis427
#18 ·
Cool, it's alive!! I thought this thread failed! Anyone have any pics of the 96-ish Corvette that Brad Plourd, Jeff Lane, and others have raced in Stock? It says "Vette Doctors" on the quarter panel, that's one of my favorite S/E cars of all time!! Wheelstanding MFer!! I think some folks in Seattle have it now, that kid went to the final of Pinks All Out in Seattle last year with the car.

#22 ·
Stock and SS take a extreme amount of work and dedication to participate in, but the satisfaction of making motors perform they way they do within the given rules is priceless.
We have two stockers and a SS car.

Reactions: larrydavis427
#23 ·
when did the rules allow for adjustable suspension components...? or do they never check anything in tech....:) probably the most fun i had with a stocker was a 61 4dr impala v/sa ....283 with a ton of convertor and went low 15's.....put a 300hp 350 crate in it and went 12.70's and went thru center sections like tissues:rolleyes:

#24 ·
when did the rules allow for adjustable suspension components...? or do they never check anything in tech:rolleyes:
Sometime in the 70's they started allowing bolt on traction devices in stock.
It is still pretty limited as to what you can do.
Rule book is pretty explicit.

Tech is pretty tight for the most part.

#30 ·
superstock racers here. we have the record in ss/fs and ss/es. also have a ss/dx under construction right now!

as for stock, this class is getting out of control with all the cj's and dragpacks the past two years, very exciting racing in every division.

when you can take a 396 iron block/head a/sa 69 camaro and run in the high 9's, that is just impressive.

#37 ·
stock lift with crazy duration (amazing how wild a 390 lift cam sounds with 260+@50 duration)....stock number carb (or carbs) ...its also a class where you can really trick a suspension out and it not look any different than stock. i looked at a g stock camaro that had titanium bolts everywhere ....but unless you looked for them , you'd never know it. :rolleyes: and just from personal experiences , 700 bucks will be the magic number on stuff like carbs and convertors....some even guarantee ya 3 tenths;)

#215 ·
in a nutshell, everything must have a factory part number on them. heads cannot be ported, stock intake manifold, etc. very tough and competitive class.
And for the year you are claiming on the car with the knowledge that the new year would come out in about September of the previous year. Not all of NHRA's info is correct, you get your hands on a rule book and play by their rules, mistakes on what years equipment is available and everything. Dave

#35 ·
Ran an AF/SA and BF/SA Buick before they combined the stick/auto classes a few years back. Haven't run the car since 2003, but I still have it. It will live again one day when I get the motivation. I really miss the camaraderie and competitiveness of the class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.