Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Awesome Nostalgia

26K views 153 replies 35 participants last post by  daves87GN 
#1 ·
#104 ·
The Bustle Bomb. This car is in Garlit's museum. And Olds and a Caddy for power. The front engine had a trans. The rear engine would "bump start" (like in push start) in high gear as soon as the car started going forward. Did you ever notice that they rarely tallked about ET in the early days. That's because most tracks had MPH clocks only, no ET clocks.

#115 ·
What I wouldn't give to have that '29-A roadster. The '27-T would be nice too. This is Fremont drag strip. The San Fran bay area had two good tracks, Fremont, on the inland side of the bay, and Half Moon Bay on the coast. I loved them both and went to many races there. Sometimes we would run our dragster on Saturday at Lions or Irwindale, and then if we had some nitro left, tow up to the bay area over night and run at Fremont on Sunday.

#117 ·
This is Glenn Leasure in Romeo's jet dragster. They took this car to Bonniville in '62 or '63, can't remember which. Anyway, Glenn lost his life when the car cartwheeled for several miles at over 300 MPH. His body got stuffed through the engine and basicly was vaporized. We had to walk the course for miles picking up all the parts from the car and throwing them in the back of a pick-up truck. I picked up this funny looking part and looked at it for a long time before I realized it was a piece of jawbone with a couple of teeth attached.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.