Yellow Bullet Forums banner

How about some old Pinto drag cars...

66K views 116 replies 61 participants last post by  Big T Racer 
#1 ·
The Pinto made a great drag car. Cheap to purchase, lightweight and plenty of room for a V-8.

See less See more
#35 ·
Morans old pinto is running in the 8.80's with the 575 BBF, and the motor is getting freshen up for this season. Not bad, for a stick car......these boys have alot of fun at the track, most of the time.....
Many, many years ago, when Mike was running the big block with the A-460 heads, we built him a set of headers for that Pinto (2 1/4" primaries).

#49 ·
I thought he had sold it. I know he went completely thru it a while back. Too fast for a short wheelbased narrow ass car....lol His dad was a cool guy. A good racer. Do you know what his dad was famous for? It wasnt a good thing. Labe ran AA/GD....
a friend of mine posted a bunch of pictures of labe's dragster and other drag cars on the HAMB....lots of cool stuff.

#47 ·
The Pinto made a great drag car. Cheap to purchase, lightweight and plenty of room for a V-8.

Chris Russel at a track 3 hours from home, have raced a lot at this track. Chris is a regular at my home track and a hell of a nice guy

Jeff Wilson at my home track. Lorna in the background is the hardest working burnout box girl ever. You would not think there is any difference until you have been put in her capable hands

Jeff's other car is almost ready to go, Jeff is also an artist either with a airbrush or a tattoo gun

#56 ·
george .....isn't this the chevette that used to run a OCIR about 1981-83 and had a crower injected BBC and painted light blue/dark blue and was built by a guy local that built race car chassis back then ??? .i also remember seeing this chevette run in the socal outlaw pro-gas assoc back then

#59 ·
I always liked the Pinto's , Vegas and Monza's from the old days but one reason people don't do them is the speeds that fast cars run are too fast for those short wheelbases. Running 6 and 7 set 1/4 mile time in a car that's 98" or less would be very unsafe. How about Pinto's stretched to 115".

#64 ·
They had a big car show in Springfield Sunday night after just it was over it snowed a few of them drove home lol it was quite the deal !!!!!

#66 ·
I Finished mine a few weeks before the weather got cold around here. Hopefully I'll make it to the strip sometime this year. It has been stretched to 102" wheel base, and currently has a 562 CI Boss 429. Pictures follow.

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.