Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1979 DODGE DREAMER

26K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  Homespun91 
#1 ·
THIS WAS ON "COUNTING CARS" LAST NIGHT..HAD TO REWIND 2 TIMES TO MAKE SURE I HEARD WHAT HE SAID..HE SAYS NOR DODGE OR CHEVY WILL CLAIM IT (DODGE FRONT END & FRAME W / CHEVY DUALLY BED)...INTERESTING COLLABORATION..

See less See more
#4 ·
there were a couple of custom truck builders that made these out of ford chassis.

issue was too much weight on front end

i actually owned one for a half a year...
the front end was not as stable as a normal twin i beam with the long nose hood of a normal truck.
I pulled my first mini fifth / gooseneck with one.

how every van seat is positioned in comparison to the steering wheel and pedals is different than a conventional truck....steering column angle /brake pedal location....
maybe in todays world, a F450 or straight axle F 550 chassis would do.

#10 ·
He says brother more than Hulk Hogan did in the 80s

#8 ·
Transvans...

there was also a builder out here in california that was called ...WIDEONE..

and they split the van body right down the middle and added width for school bus type applications.

..so there was a guy that bought one of these that was in a rear ended accident....and made one of these into his hauler, and cut off the rear portion of body and hand formed his own flat bed area to mount his goose hitch mount....had tool boxes / storage doors all underneath...
pretty nice at the time... but again, he had issues with front end wearing out and load capability even woth air bags inside the springs / ETC...

he had it parked in the street, and a cenent truck lost controll and ran over it...ended up in the neibors front yard

#12 ·
The count from sesame street could buy cars more right than him. My fav was that shitfoam green torino. No scj no nothin has some made up hoser sport shit over the rusty rockers. Count offers 50g on the side of the road. Hoser declines. Dumb ass.
No hate for torinos but that was maybe a 4k car.

#26 ·
those are made from a c & c chassis , places like u haul, ryder or monroe buy them , not a full van just a cab and chassis , guy down the street has one of them hauls a pretty unique fifth wheel camper with it ( looks like a airstream but its custom built ) , when he parks the thing he puts the back under a semi trailer , and it looks odd , I will try to get a picture of it when he does it .

#27 · (Edited)
those are made from a c & c chassis , places like u haul, ryder or monroe buy them , not a full van just a cab and chassis , guy down the street has one of them hauls a pretty unique fifth wheel camper with it ( looks like a airstream but its custom built ) , when he parks the thing he puts the back under a semi trailer , and it looks odd , I will try to get a picture of it when he does it .
That might make for a good "caption this pic" exercise!

Also show it with the trailer supports up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.