Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Charlie Westcott going Pro Stock Racing

324K views 1K replies 246 participants last post by  bigblockmark 
#1 ·
He bought Cunninghams car red Mustang. Heard hes been doing allot of R&D on Fords ,Ford guys might have some hope.I wish him luck....

#115 ·
Charlie is a N0-Frills K.I.S.S. kind of guy. Interesting to see how that approach applies to Pro Stock.

CW was given an older Pro Stock Ford engine a year or so back. Don't know whose it was but I do know he played with it on the dyno and spintron. Don't know what he saw or found as it doesn't really interest me.Must've liked what he saw anyway!

I like the theories and applications of Pro Stock science and how I can apply it to my own combination, but don't really watch Pro Stock at the track as it has morphed into a Pro-Mod body style class. That is the only thing I would ask of the class is Stock dimensioned bodies. I will say the Mustang in my eyes appears to be the closest factory "looking" car out there. I hope Charlie doesn't paint this one camo and leaves it red. Good looking car!!

Very interesting how a lot of people swore they hated pro stock and would like to see its demise and now that CW announced he's getting into the mix- everyone loves the class. Did CW Jr save Pro Stock??

#118 ·
Im eager to see what he can do. I never really follow SS/AH, but this guy is a bad ass. He makes his own camshafts from scratch, and from what i have read he can show up and lay .1 on the whole field of SS/AH cars.

#128 ·
I doubt he would work with me. He is a one man band and to be honest he would gain nothing by running with me. I bring nothing to the table that he prob does not already know.

I do wish him the best, Pro Stock needs all three brands out there. I tried my best to get a program together but it just did not work out. With Larry leaving the class I will be running comp next season in B/A.

#141 · (Edited)
First off I think it's great that another player will be entering the Pro Stock ranks. As far as that aspect goes it's all good, no actually it's great. I will say after reading his little press release, I was a bit surprised. I don't know Charlie from Adam besides the fact that he has dominates the "Hemi" class for years. But if he or anyone else want to try and compare what he has done with the Hemis and Pro Stock. He might be in for a big surprise! Trust me, I'm hoping he can and will be competitive in PS. But after reading his press release and half of the posts on here. It sounds like he's the next world champ. Pro Stock is the best of the best out there and are recognized as the King of naturally aspirated race engines. I don't how you can even compare a SS Hemi to a PS engine. I'm sure the Hemi is very difficult in its own way but the two engines aren't even close to each other. It's like trying to compare a NOS engine to a Turbo. Again, I wish him all the best but I wouldn't just hand out the Wally just quite yet.....

#144 ·
to CW it is all the similarities he needs...they are both air pumps putting out hp. you will be surprised what works on SBC, will work on SS/AH Hemi &/or PS FORD to make HP

the nah sayers have no clue who CW is & making statements that have been proven wrong, time & again you all just know the last decade, he has been setting records over a decade 1/2 prior. look into his series of berretas that couldn't be touched

#161 ·
A least he is going to give it a try to many cheys in pro stock. I don't want to see that all the time.Good luck to him.

#162 ·
Hey, I'm with you 100%! The more the merrier I say. I wish him all the best luck in the world and I hope he does well. It's just seems very over confident to put the cart in front of the horse in a game he has never played before. I don't care what he has done in the past and at what level. The fact is, Pro Stock is a completely different breed of it's own. I wish him the best of luck at trying it but he's not swimming with Guppies anymore. More like swimming with Sharks!

#173 · (Edited)
Yaaaa, so the clutch in a SS Hemi car is the same as a clutch in a PS car??? You do know that todays PS car runs a 6 1/4" 3 disk clutch don't you? You also know that the shift point and or max rpm on a Hemi car is about where a PS cars drop rpm is at don't you? If you think you are comparing apples to apples you better thing again. The only thing similar between the two is that both units need a throw out bearing and you let out on the clutch on the stating line.

P.S. I didn't even go down the path of the power curves of both engines compared to each other. Again, not apples to apples.....

#174 ·
Never said they were the same I said he new about clutches ! I am pretty sure he is aware they are different DON'T YOU ? Yea he opened the bell housing and said oh shit look at this I ain't ever seen any thing like this what am I gonna do I better stop now:confused:

I know he won't set the world on fire but he is not a dumb ass he knows more than I ever will and I bet you too!

#177 ·
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really do wish CW the absolute best out there. PS needs more cars and even builders out there. The reason why the class has gotten so small isn't just cause of the money to run PS. It's because of how the talent pool has surrounded the class. It's not different that NASCAR, there use to be independent teams on every street corned in NC at one point. Over time it has almost turned into a monopoly. You have Hendrix, Gibbs, Roush & Yates and RCR and the rest have either teamed up with them or just faded away. Honestly the same goes for TF & FC. The big players seem to always come out of the Force, Shoe and AJ camps with Force and Show really being the big dogs. Everyone keeps saying how PS is fading and or in trouble. Can you imagine what would happen to FC if Force or Shoe just pulled out? PS is almost the same way. You have your top teams and the rest fill in the field. Many people would love to race PS and can afford to do it. But they know the chances of doing it independently is almost impossible without joining up with a top player out there. The top players have horded up all the big talent out there and make it work. That's not saying that there isn't other people just as talented but it's a tough ring to fight in. One would say it's like showing up to a gun fight with a knife. I do think CW in his press release probably said a bit to much how he doesn't need this or that and how its going to be. That's great if he can get it done but I think I would of went about it differently. I'm sure to all the other teams out there he has already alienated himself from the rest of the pack. As one would say, don't talk just show. I guess time will tell....

#182 ·
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really do wish CW the absolute best out there. PS needs more cars and even builders out there. The reason why the class has gotten so small isn't just cause of the money to run PS. It's because of how the talent pool has surrounded the class. It's not different that NASCAR, there use to be independent teams on every street corned in NC at one point. Over time it has almost turned into a monopoly. You have Hendrix, Gibbs, Roush & Yates and RCR and the rest have either teamed up with them or just faded away. Honestly the same goes for TF & FC. The big players seem to always come out of the Force, Shoe and AJ camps with Force and Show really being the big dogs. Everyone keeps saying how PS is fading and or in trouble. Can you imagine what would happen to FC if Force or Shoe just pulled out? PS is almost the same way. You have your top teams and the rest fill in the field. Many people would love to race PS and can afford to do it. But they know the chances of doing it independently is almost impossible without joining up with a top player out there. The top players have horded up all the big talent out there and make it work. That's not saying that there isn't other people just as talented but it's a tough ring to fight in. One would say it's like showing up to a gun fight with a knife. I do think CW in his press release probably said a bit to much how he doesn't need this or that and how its going to be. That's great if he can get it done but I think I would of went about it differently. I'm sure to all the other teams out there he has already alienated himself from the rest of the pack. As one would say, don't talk just show. I guess time will tell....
lol thats why PS and pro racing will eventually die when you monopolize it and make sure no newcomers can come in it will die off in time..........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.