Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Just What The Hell Happened To Flight 370?

157K views 1K replies 289 participants last post by  01ssreda4 
#1 ·
I'm about to join the ranks of our resident conspiracy theorists and claim that aliens snatched that Malaysian 777 out of the sky. Realistically, what could have happened to that plane?

Terrorism? Any high-altitude explosion of a plane that size and carrying that much fuel presumably would have been spotted by someone on the ground or perhaps a passing satellite. It was pitch dark outside.

Catastrophic structural failure: Possible, but highly unlikely given the 777's safety record and the fact that the resulting high-altitude disintegration would have most likely ignited the fuel, creating an identical fireball. At the very least, it would have created a sizable debris field that should have been spotted quickly.

Pilot Error: Unlikely. Weather was clear, they were in-flight, not landing or taking off, and the pilots had tons of experience. There was nothing up there to hit, anyway, other than the 1 in a billion chance of a midair collision that would have again created a huge fireball and a big debris field.

Pilot Suicide: That's been mentioned quite a bit today, and it might explain why the sudden loss of all communication. Still, you'd expect a visible debris field and possible sighting of the plane's remains underwater - it's only 40 meters deep in that entire area.

Hijacking: Is it possible the plane was jacked, the transponder and other means of communication disabled, and the plane flown to an unknown destination? I thought about this, but then remembered that a 777 can't land on a remote jungle runway and it's awfully big to try to hide from sight, along with 200+ people.

About all that's left is aliens and whatever's been possessing the Bermuda Triangle all these years. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation but I'll be dipped if I know what that is. Apparently, nobody else knows, either. You?

See less See more
#450 ·
The plane was hijacked and ultimately shot down by someone who naturally doesn't want anyone to know maybe?

Can someone please explain to me how in the hell its is STILL possible to manually shut off all tracking and transponding devices while in flight??

After 9/11? Really?

#453 ·
UPDATE:

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — A Malaysia Airlines plane sent signals to a satellite for four hours after the aircraft went missing, an indication that it was still flying for hundreds of miles or more, a U.S. official briefed on the search said Thursday.

A string of previous clues about Flight MH370 have led nowhere.

"MH370 went completely silent over the open ocean," said Malaysia's acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein. "This is a crisis situation. It is a very complex operation, and it is not obviously easy. We are devoting all our energies to the task at hand."

The U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss the situation by name, said the Boeing 777-200 wasn't transmitting data to the satellite, but was instead sending out a signal to establish contact.

Boeing offers a satellite service that can receive a stream of data during flight on how the aircraft is functioning and relay the information to the plane's home base. The idea is to provide information before the plane lands on whether maintenance work or repairs are needed.

Carney: Plane Search May Extend to Indian Ocean
Malaysia Airlines didn't subscribe to that service, but the plane still had the capability to connect with the satellite and was automatically sending pings, the official said.

"It's like when your cellphone is off but it still sends out a little 'I'm here' message to the cellphone network," the official said. "That's how sometimes they can triangulate your position even though you're not calling because the phone every so often sends out a little bleep. That's sort of what this thing was doing."

The plane had enough fuel to fly about four more hours, the U.S. official said.

Boeing did not comment.

Messages involving a different, more rudimentary data service also were received from the airliner for a short time after the plane's transponder — a device used to identify the plane to radar — went silent, the official said.

Malaysia: No Debris at Spot From China Images
If the plane had disintegrated during flight or had suffered some other catastrophic failure, all signals — the pings to the satellite, the data messages and the transponder — would be expected to stop at the same time.

#456 ·
Jump in a plane at at busy airport and just take off?? First you need fuel that is call for and aproved. Then you would be shot down within 15 min of stealing a 777 no matter where you stole it from.

No, jumbo jets at international airports arnt like 3rd gen f body's at walmart.

#459 ·
Is it common in other nations for flights to depart in the middle of the night (after midnight), and particularly, flights that are only crossing one time zone? I know there are select international flights that do this, but is this a Malaysia thing? If, and a big IF, someone were targeting a plane to overtake, one they could take in the wee hours of the morning departing from a country with late night departures would be an easier target, I would think.

#464 ·
Yes, very common. Each major carrier has at least a couple routes that fly every few hours all day and night between all major airports. Some routes every 4 or 5 hours, some longer intervals, some shorter intervals during the day and longer at night. Also, if my theory of Maldives proves correct, departing around midnight local time and flying west for 4 or 5 hours would get you in around 3 am or so local time in Maldives. Then you just have to refuel and fly where-ever you want. Or park it in a hangar, dump the bodies and wait until the middle of the night some other day to depart.

#460 ·
Phucking thing is being loaded with a surplus Russian nuke in Pakistan. Can't wait until it gets into DC airspace.

#461 ·
It couldn't have made it to Pakistan without stopping to refuel. Some have suggested the Maldives, but one look at their lone airport and you'll understand why landing a 777 the entire world is looking for there isn't realistic. There are obviously a lot of barren places far from civilization one could land a plane within that 4-hour circle, but without any navigation, in the dark, well....

#467 ·
Don’t be surprised if the plane shows up in a shithole like Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan or Uzbekistan [ near the west China Region ] well within the 4 hour flying range

Islam is a big problem to the Chinese [ They hate the belligerent cunts ]
It’s too much of a coincidence that a plane full Chinese nationals goes missing after departing from an Islamic country.

Last week in China a group of separatists went loose in a Kunming railway station stabbing and killing 33 people [ 113 were also injured ]
This was directly traced back to a Uyghur militant group from Xinjiang [ west China ] . Uyghur’s are Western Chinese Islamists that descended from ancient Turkish tribes

The Chinese Govt’s answer was to deport them from the Yunnan province back to Xinjiang
http://www.rfa.org/english/news/uyghur/deports-03122014162431.html

Islam seems to be the curse of the whole world [ all religion is ]

#468 ·
Kazakhstan is 3300 nautical miles.
Kyrgyzstan is 2600 nautical miles.
Uzbekistan is 2800 nautical miles.

Remaining fuel load left them with a 2200 nautical mile range not counting prevailing 'winds-aloft'. So, unless it landed to refuel, it didn't make it to any of the 'stans.

However, I'm wondering if this is just the worlds worst, most elaborate, long-play April Fools joke.

#472 · (Edited)
It does sound like someone wants the plane intact. Can't imagine why they would otherwise go to the trouble of hiding itS flight. If they wanted a big splash in the news, they could have just crashed it into something. Then, of course, in the wise words of Chris Rock, "Whatever happened to just plain crazy?" That works too. Pretty fucking weird though.

#491 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.